Job Vacancy Yard Worker – General Labor Associated Ready Mixed Concrete
Job title: Yard Worker – General Labor
Company: Associated Ready Mixed Concrete
Job description: YARD WORKER
As a valued member of our team, you will work in a Company plant or a facility used to store or produce premixed concrete or related aggregates. Under general supervision, you will perform a variety of yard related duties, including cleanings and preventative maintenance activities to help keep production equipment and the yard in good working condition. Our family-owned company offers highly competitive medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as a 401k plan, flexible spending account program, paid time off and holiday pay.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including the following; other duties may be assigned)
- Checks, washes and performs minor repairs of equipment and other company assets.
- Keeps concrete loading area clean and organized.
- Operates hydraulic lifting equipment; i.e., forklifts, front loaders, tow motors, etc.
- Operates front loader for loading or moving aggregates or concrete residues.
- Checks and cleans water-recycling system daily.
- Informs immediate Supervisor of material usage throughout the day.
- Reports any problems found on equipment to Maintenance.
- Conducts minor facility maintenance and minor repairs as required.
- Occasionally operates service truck as needed.
- Follows all safety rules, including the use of personal protective equipment applicable to the performance of his/her job duties.
- Reports safety hazards and incidents to immediate supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Conduct all assigned tasks according to procedures unless directed to do otherwise.
- Safely load and unload equipment and materials onto vehicles.
- Safely operate hand and power tools, pumps, and electrical equipment.
- Assist in maintaining orderliness of yard.
- Follow directives accurately and efficiently.
- Effectively communicates with supervisor and co-workers.
- Ability to lift or carry items weighing up to 50 lbs. when needed.
- Must be available to work on Saturdays and to work overtime as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Related experience preferred but not mandatory.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. . Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
-Ability to lift or carry items weighing up to 50 lbs. when needed
-Climb up and down ladders, stairs and equipment throughout the course of a shift
-Stoop, reach, squat, bend, kneel, push and pull
-Use fine manipulation of controls and tools
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, hazardous chemicals and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee is regularly exposed to wet or slippery ground conditions. Employee must wear required personal protective equipment; up to and including safety vest, hard hat, ear protection, gloves and safety glasses.
Associated Ready Mixed Concrete, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Expected salary: $16 – 19 per hour
Location: Oxnard, CA
Job date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 00:05:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!