Job Vacancy Wireless Telecommunications Architect – Fulltime LaBine and Associates
Job title: Wireless Telecommunications Architect – Fulltime
Company: LaBine and Associates
Job description: Telecommunications Architect
We are seeking a Telecommunications Architect to lead the development and evolution of our Technology Platform Architecture for wireless and wired communication networks. In this role, you will be responsible for designing mission-critical LTE and 5G hybrid networks, providing hands-on support, and deploying utility-grade security platforms.
- Develop and implement the Enterprise architecture for our 4G/5G Core + OSS/BSS Elements and supporting systems.
- Act as the Technical Authority for LTE and EPC/5GC SA and NSA Core Operating framework.
- Collaborate with vendors, questioning decisions when necessary, to ensure architectural alignment.
- Provide input to High-Level System Designs across 4G/5G Voice and Data Core.
- Validate and create EPC architecture and engineering requirements, network impact assessment, and design standards.
- Assist in the development and implementation of advanced data core features.
- Define engineering and planning rules for MME, SGW, PGW, and their 5G counterparts.
- Analyze requirements, convert them into system requirements, and capture detailed designs.
- Troubleshoot issues reported from customer labs and production.
- Provide technical support and develop technical and commercial solutions for sales goals and objectives.
- Translate and communicate complex technical design considerations between vendor and utility network teams.
- Make independent decisions on core network design, security policies, and procedures for optimal efficiency.
- Develop, refine, and document processes and procedures for network changes.
- BS or MS in Engineering or technical degree, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 8+ years of experience in the wireless industry.
- Passion for working with new technologies in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively across teams.
- Hands-on experience with 5G core network design and implementation.
- Knowledge and/or experience in SMF/UPF/AMF/NRF/NSSF/PCF/UDM/AUSF/MME, SAEGW, SPGW, or ePDG.
- Cloud Native Architecture experience, including microservices and containerization.
- Extensive understanding of 5G/CUPS/LTE, ORAN/vRAN software architectures, RF radio operations, and virtualized networks.
- Familiarity with standard networking protocols and components.
- RF Design, Optimization, and performance improvement experience is a plus.
Location: Arlington, VA
Job date: Sat, 01 Jul 2023 22:56:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!