Job Vacancy VP, Assistant General Counsel – Wealth Management Investments JPMorgan Chase
Job title: VP, Assistant General Counsel – Wealth Management Investments
Company: JPMorgan Chase
Job description: Job Description:
The J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management line of business serves institutional, ultra-high net worth, high net worth and retail clients through its global businesses. With client assets of approximately $2.3 trillion and assets under management of $1.7 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co is responsible for providing legal services to the Corporation and is organized by Practice Groups that generally conform to the Corporation’s lines of business (“LOBs”) and corporate staff areas. This structure facilitates the communication of legal and regulatory changes by the legal team to the businesses and the communication by the LOBs of business developments to the legal teams in a timely manner.
J.P. Morgan’s Wealth Management business delivers customized and comprehensive solutions to help clients around the world with the many complexities they face on their balance sheets. We leverage our products and solutions to support every facet of wealth management for clients, including investments, liquidity and credit management and tax and estate planning.
We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm. This is why we are the most respected financial institution in the world – and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company.
About the Alternative Investments Group
The Alternative Investments group of J.P. Morgan Wealth Management is responsible for overseeing over $80 billion in alternative investment assets across hedge funds, real estate and private equity.
About the Legal Department
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co. provides legal services and advice to the Firm globally. Legal is responsible for, among other things:
- managing actual and potential litigation and enforcement matters, including internal reviews and investigations related to such matters
- advising on products and services, including contract negotiation and documentation
- advising on offering and marketing documents and new business initiatives
- managing dispute resolution
- interpreting existing laws, rules and regulations, and advising on changes thereto
- advising on advocacy in connection with contemplated and proposed laws, rules and regulations, and
- providing legal advice to the Board of Directors, the business and functions. Legal selects, engages and manages outside counsel for the Firm on all matters in which outside counsel is engaged.
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co. is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the JPMorgan Wealth Management Alternatives Legal team, . joining the established and talented team advising the J.P. Morgan Wealth Management bank managed account and SEC-registered investment advisory businesses.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide legal advice and support to the J.P. Morgan Wealth Management Alternatives Investments group
- Interact with business members and control stakeholders
- Advise the business on a wide range of legal issues relevant to investment management advice and products
- Support the business on regulatory developments, new product development and launches
- Work closely with other members of the Legal Department and other control functions (e.g., Compliance, Risk) to identify and resolve legal and related reputational risk items
- Advise on structuring, organizing, offering and maintaining onshore and offshore private funds and funds of funds, in particular hedge funds and private equity funds
- Provide legal coverage of regulatory change implementation
- Provide legal support for special projects and cross-alternatives initiatives
- Assist in the development of policies, procedures, systems and training materials
- Provide advice in connection with resolution of disputes with counterparties
- Engage and supervise external counsel where outside expertise is warranted
- Perform all other duties as necessary or assigned to provide high caliber line of business legal support
- Excellent academic record
- 5+ years of relevant law firm, financial institution or comparable experience. Must have expert knowledge of onshore and offshore private funds, Investment Advisers Act, fund formation, fund transactions and an understanding of products in which funds invest.
- Ability to work independently
- Strategic skills required to anticipate legal issues for different businesses and business models
- Attorney must be licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in the state/jurisdiction in which the position is based or otherwise in compliance with the in-house counsel registration rules of that state/jurisdiction
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent legal analytical, drafting and negotiation skills
- Excellent judgment.
- An organized self-starter able to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to be a proactive, dynamic member of a team.
- Must be willing to learn new areas of the law
- Solutions oriented, strategic thinker, collaborative-ability to understand respond to the business needs and partner with the businesses and control functions
About Us: JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team:
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
With large, global operations, the Legal team tackles complex issues and helps shape the regulations that affect the businesses. The group is organized into practice groups that align with the lines of business and corporate staff areas, which encourages collaboration on legal, regulatory and business developments as they arise.
Location: Chicago, IL
Job date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 05:35:18 GMT
Apply for the job now!