Job Vacancy Video and photography specialist Rice University
Job title: Video and photography specialist
Company: Rice University
Job description: Job Description:
**This requisition posting requires a cover letter, resume and portfolio of work, including both photography and videography (4 examples).**
The video and photography specialist provides professional photography and video media production within the department of Public Affairs and reports to the director of marketing. This position is responsible for using videos and photography to tell the story of Rice University to a variety of audiences, including the news media and the internal community, using print, web, broadcast, email, social and other communication formats. The overall goal is to consistently communicate the brand and identity of Rice University and to accurately and persuasively represent and market the university and its programs. This position requires independent judgment to make decisions in carrying out production assignments that have a significant impact on target audiences. Duties include video and photography creation, editing, ideation, recording from pre-production to post-production completion.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Under general supervision is responsible for professional photography and video media for key university web, print, broadcast, social and other communications projects
- Ensures each project is high quality and adheres to Rice brand standards
- Provides studio and location photography as required
- Edits images for online image library, adding metatags as necessary
- Creates and/or edits raw video and photos into a finalized format
- Determines audio, music and visual effects necessary to complete videos, arranging video clips into sequences using editing equipment
- Transcodes raw digital video into editable file formats, organizing and archiving video footage and maintaining and cataloging all productions
- Edits raw footage to provide rough cuts for b-roll and other projects, including audio mixing and syncing and completion of other facets of post-production work
- Sets up and operates audio and video equipment such as microphones, lighting, video and cameras depending on specific projects
- Maintains inventory of audio and video equipment
- Oversee, organize and arrange video shoots and ensure projects meet deadlines
- Production ability from start to finish including set-up/tear-down of shoot, operation of camera(s), audio quality and coordination of rental equipment, as needed
- Develops and manages video projects from conceptual design to final
product through storyboarding, creation of shot lists and the editing process * Collaborates with news and media relations and other members of the Public Affairs team to create compelling visual content and ideas for various channels and participates in meetings involving content strategy and planning
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- In lieu of the education requirement, additional related experience, above and beyond what is required, on an equivalent year for year basis may be substituted
- 2 years related experience with recording, editing, mixing, and mastering audio and video assets, as well as setting up microphones, audio recording devices, photography, cameras and video recording devices
- Education may not be substitute for the experience requirement
- Demonstrated knowledge of photography equipment and uses, including photo application and software skills.
- Demonstrated technical experience using digital media equipment, video creation, editing software (Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Lightroom) , and/or digital media control software.
- Knowledge in production techniques including videography, compression and file delivery.
- Knowledge of camera, lighting, sound and editing, for both videos and photos.
- Understanding of online video environment and online distribution.
- Ability to troubleshoot various photography and video related technical issues including equipment setups, providing alternative setup or workarounds if necessary.
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to transform creative concepts into creative images and compelling stories that draw attention to the university.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to interact effectively with and provide customer service to a broad audience.
- Time management skills.
- Experience working in photography and video production and quick editing turnaround for audio-visual assets
- Experience with multimedia storytelling techniques on multiple platforms.
- Skill in videography and photography lighting, and shot composition.
- Advanced video editing skills.
Rice University HR | Benefits
Rice University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with commitment to diversity at all levels, and considers for employment qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
Current Rice University COVID policies, which include vaccination, face mask, testing, gatherings, occupancy limits, and travel policies can be found here:
About Us: Boasting a 300-acre tree-lined campus in Houston, Rice University is ranked among the nation’s top 20 universities by U.S. News & World Report. Rice has a 6-to-1 undergraduate student-to-faculty ratio, and a residential college system, which supports students intellectually, emotionally and culturally through social events, intramural sports, student plays, lectures series, courses and student government. Developing close-knit, diverse college communities is a strong campus tradition, which is why Rice is highly ranked for best quality of life and best value among private universities.
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 23:45:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!