Job Vacancy Vice President of Logistics – Open Deck Services R+L Global Logistics
Job title: Vice President of Logistics – Open Deck Services
Company: R+L Global Logistics
Job description: Job Description:
Vice President of Logistics is responsible for strategically leading and building our third-party Flatbed and Over-Dimensional segment of business including, but not limited to, managing customer, carrier and team member relations and performance. This includes fostering a positive work environment; mentoring, coaching, and developing team members in order to provide opportunities for growth; developing current and future leaders for the organization; creating and executing on a business plan to successfully meet sales goals; and managing the budget and expenses of their teams to ensure overall profitability.
Summary of Vice President of Logistics responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and execute a strategic plan which to lead and build Flatbed and Over-Dimensional services
- Hire / lead a team of exceptional Sales Managers and Capacity professionals who will drive execution of the division’s plan; hold accountable to operational and process expectations of the organization
- Ensure team members maintain the highest level of integrity and provide an unmatched customer experience
- Monitor sales and operational reporting to hold their teams accountable to lead and lag measure goals, including but not limited to number of customer conversations, loads secured, margin per shipment, overall gross profitability and overall customer satisfaction
- Delegate day-to-day responsibilities to leadership team while developing their abilities to problem solve & overcome obstacles.
- Manage budget and implement continuous improvement projects and performance metrics to improve financial performance.
- Management of existing business accounts and continuously building customer rapport
- Maintain a working knowledge of the company’s specialty services, internal resources, competitive strategies, and customer requirements
- Make sound decisions in regards to the branch budget, expenses, costs, and overall profitability
- Convey and report branch and individual accountability back to key leadership members
- Deliver clear expectations in regards to the role and direction of your team(s)
- Promote and instill a positive work environment that is challenging and engaging
- Proactively address concerns, conflicts, and interactions with team members
- Embrace the hiring process by solidifying the branches key positions and building new talent
- Oversee and manage building facility upkeep and projects
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or similar field of study with emphasis in: International Business, Logistics/Supply Chain, Marketing or Sales preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in a supervisory or management role leading high performance teams
- Prefer experience in all modes: dry van, expedited, refrigerated, intermodal shipments; flatbed, over-dimensional transportation services a plus
- Ability to close and manage large account business and drive organic growth of existing accounts.
- Previous freight management software experience; McLeod and or Mercury Gate is a plus
- Strong team-building and interpersonal skills with the ability to build trust and cultivate relationships
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and complex environment while making timely decisions under pressure
- Ability to train employees how to effectively present a full range of services to customers, empowering them to build a complete logistics and supply chain solutions
- Ability to mentor, motivate and develop a team to build relationships and effectively present a full range of services to customers, empowering them to build a complete logistics and supply chain solutions
- 8+ years’ working knowledge in logistics and transportation industry; including third-party full truckload logistics management, supply chain, tradeshow set-up, and final mile
- Visionary leader with the ability to use their knowledge, skills and influence to guide and inspire others to reach their potential and achieve individual, team and company goals and objectives
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally to meet with high level prospects and customers
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and inter-personal skills, with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate with people in all levels of the organization
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing unmatched customer service
Must be able to read, write
About Us: R+L Global Logistics is a world-class provider of high quality domestic and international logistics and supply chain services, with a reputation for offering the highest quality freight solutions and services to our customers. We have 14 offices across the country, with locations in Atlanta, Chicago, Cincinnati, Denver, Fort Myers, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Laredo, Los Angeles, Nashville, Newark, Ocala, Orlando and San Antonio allowing our logistics team to optimize the supply chain process for our customers.
Why our employees love working at R+L Global Logistics
- Values “I love working for a company that I am proud to represent based on its morals and people”Opportunities “It’s exciting to play a part in building an organization knowing that as you succeed, more and more opportunities become available
- People “While we are a larger company, I’ve still been able to form new friendships and relationships with the people around me”
- Leadership “I love coming in each day and knowing that I my opinion matters to our leadership team
- Exciting Benefits Including Vacation Properties “I love being able to go to Fort Myers Beach for a weekend getaway
Company Vacation Properties, PTO, Sick Time, Paid Holidays, 401k, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance, Pet Insurance and Group Home & Auto Insurance
R+L Global Logistics will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law. R+L Global Logistics will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for an assessment or job interview) if so requested. When completing this application, you may exclude information that would disclose or otherwise reference your race, religion, age, sex, genetic, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Location: Ocala, FL
Job date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 02:02:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!