Job Vacancy Vice President Hazardous Waste and Logistics GPAC
Job title: Vice President Hazardous Waste and Logistics
Job description: Vice President, Hazardous Waste & Logistics
We seek a proven senior executive with expertise to oversee our hazardous waste and logistics operations in Canada, Mexico and the United States. The ideal candidate will possess experience in the hazardous waste industry along with knowledge of trucking and rail. Further, the ideal candidate will have the ability to deliver value to each of our key operating units. We are seeking a professional capable working side by side with our Chief Operating Officer to optimize safety, compliance, customer needs and the profits of the company.
Responsibilities for Vice President, Hazardous Waste & Logistics
1. Oversee the coordination of our hazardous waste operations both with internal and external disposal facilities.
· Develop C-suite relationships with key third party disposal partners
· Lead contract and pricing negotiations with key third party disposal partners
· Oversee KPI’s for our internally owned TSDF’s. Coordinate with internal stakeholders to optimize outcomes.
· Lead major projects across the Triumvirate enterprise including environmental permitting and construction.
· Work with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve favorable outcomes for our major projects.
· Forecast finances/capital that pertain to such projects
2. Oversee all logistics activities to improve safety, compliance, and cost for all waste movements.
· Work with each region to build workflows to aid in optimizing fleet routing.
· Develop and scale shipping modalities to reduce costs and optimize all modalities.
· Develop C-suite relationships with key third party logistic partners
· Lead pricing negotiations with all third party logistic partners
· Provide all transportation analysis relating to pricing and service levels. Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to drive competitive costs and service levels.
· Analyze and assess industry and market dynamics on a regular basis to evaluate transportation costs and service trends.
· Work with all regional offices and corporate purchasing to provide oversight around the planning and procurement of trucks and heavy equipment.
3. Continue to guide our operations toward our unrelenting focus on safety and compliance.
· Provide oversight on all regional CAPA meetings to ensure prioritization and progress.
4. Institute and manage a companywide process to discover and secure real estate crucial for our operations.
5. Frequent travel is required.
Qualifications for Vice President, Hazardous Waste & Logistics
1. Strong communication skills with the ability to inspire, build, lead, and provide direction to staff and senior management.
2. Experience with RCRA hazardous waste management and transportation.
3. Experience with other special waste (e.g. medical waste) transportation
4. Specific experience importing/exporting hazardous waste among the nations of Canada, Mexico, and the United States.
5. Possess negotiating, strategic, and tactical transportation, planning, warehousing and logistics, problem analysis, and creativity skills.
6. Possess key quality and improvement skills in line with current market including 6 sigma, VUCA, Quality Management, Kaizen, ISO compliance, and other tools to solve developing barriers in logistics.
7. Experience running national and/or international field services operations.
8. 10–15 years of operations experience, including 5+ years in upper management required.
9. Experience in successfully implementing new and complex solutions for Transportation and Logistics.
10. Experience with overseeing national real estate trans
Expected salary: $200000 per year
Location: Providence, RI
Job date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 23:09:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!