Job Vacancy (USA) Senior Manager II, Supply Chain Management – Project Manager Transportation Walmart
Job title: (USA) Senior Manager II, Supply Chain Management – Project Manager Transportation
Job description: Position Summary…
What you’ll do…
Do you want to build the Supply Chain of the future? Then look no further than Walmart, the largest retailer that combines the energy of a start up with the power of a fortune one company. This key role will lead the management and implementation of key eCommerce transportation deployments. This role reports directly to Senior Director of eCommerce Transportation with responsibility for managing critical high visibility programs and roll outs. This position provides great exposure to the life of the project, managing new strategy deployment, omnichannel leverage improving service and reducing costs to enable growth of our eCommerce strategy.
This position will also provide leadership in our eCommerce control tower coordinating with parcel providers, transportation carriers, fulfillment sites, stores, and supply chain leadership to drive communication, visibility and action to benefit our customer.
Your role and collaborative efforts across many tiers of the business directly paves the future of Walmart. Decisions you make have network impact, and you’ll be empowered to go the distance by listening, analyzing data and having the foresight to anticipate what’s next before it happens. It takes a strategic mind and ability to communicate and influence with confidence.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
· You have a proven history of leading large scale capital projects, influencing others across all levels, leading cross-functional teams, managing stakeholders, and executing expansive nationwide projects
· You have strong consulting skills and understand the macro level of business: where it’s going and how we partner to move the organization forward
· You are stimulated by unique challenges and excited to engage at the Fortune 1 scale only Walmart can provide
· You excel in a world with cross-functional partnerships; delivering large scale capital projects across the country takes a relationship built on trust, excellence, and delivery
· You have a strong background in eCommerce transportation
What you’ll do…
· Manage end-to-end supply chain processes and ensures merchandise flow through the distribution network and fulfillment centers by directing resolutions and responding to escalations of daily issues; analyze data from multiple stakeholders to streamline and improve network efficiencies; providing data for the supplier compliance process flow; research and analyze root cause of daily and escalated exceptions concerning shipping, receiving, inventory, and return related issues; conduct performance reviews of merchandising department, distribution centers, and suppliers
· Oversee relationships with external parties by serving as the main point of contact for external partners; communicate expectations and agreements to external partners; consolidate and communicate relevant findings and information to external stakeholders; lead audit processes to ensure external partners comply with company standards and agreements; utilize quarterly scorecards to measure and correct performance; and assist senior leadership with the selection of service providers
· Implement best practices and visibility tools for parcel returns
· Oversee control tower operations coordinating directly with strategic parcel providers
· Identify trended opportunities and deploy processes to improve customer service, increased speed and reduced cost
· Direct supply chain flow process improvement efforts by contributing to the design, development, and delivery of new ways of working between supply chain stakeholders; prioritize product flow plan objectives; ensure flow plans are achievable; manage the correction of errors processes and feedback loops; identify areas of opportunity to improve service levels; support the use of end-to-end costing methodology and lean concepts; provide cost recommendations to reduce process waste, and provide opportunities for cost reductions and process efficiencies; and review and analyze the impact and benefits to internal processes
· Drive the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; develop and communicate business plans and priorities; remove barriers and obstacles that impact performance; provide resources; identify performance standards; measure progress and adjust performance, accordingly; develop contingency plans; and demonstrate adaptability and support continuous learning
· Provide supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentor; assign duties; build a team-based work environment; establish performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; provide recognition and rewards; coach for success and improvement; and ensure diversity awareness
· Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensure compliance with them; and utilize and support the Open-Door Policy
· Ensure business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consult with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; solicit, evaluate, and apply suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participate in and support community outreach events
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, or related field and 4 years’ experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related
area OR 6 years’ experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related area.
2 years’ experience with advanced functionality of Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Dispatch, Fleet Management, Network Analysis, Retail Logistics Operations
Masters: Business, Masters: Logistics, Masters: Supply Chain
Project Management – Project Management Professional – Certification, Six Sigma – Certification
Primary Location… 311 NORTH WALTON BOULEVARD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum-NWA has something for everyone.
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas’ premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children’s museum that’s fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil’s Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil’s Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas’ natural beauty.
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off – to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can’t work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see .
Location: Bentonville, AR
Job date: Fri, 05 May 2023 02:48:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!