Job Vacancy Unit Secretary-Labor & Delivery-36 hr/ week-Midnights-Detroit Henry Ford Health System
Job title: Unit Secretary-Labor & Delivery-36 hr/ week-Midnights-Detroit
Company: Henry Ford Health System
Job description: Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Unit Secretary is responsible for all clerical and reception duties associated with the unit to which they are assigned. The Unit Secretary is responsible for many tasks and responsibilities that are detailed in the attached task list. The top priorities for all Unit Secretaries are:
- Customer Service
- Answer phones and facilitate communication between the nursing unit and callers.
- Respond to call lights
- Clerical processing of new admissions including creating patient charts, other duties define by unit (i.e. MyChart enrollment)
- Scheduling of post-discharge appointment with patient following the established business unit process.
- During downtime, process and back-enter non-medication orders placed during downtime. a. Maintain downtime paper forms
- Perform monthly maintenance of BCA, printer and unit report.
- Notify appropriate resources for maintenance, track all requests and statuses for unit clinical, telecommunication (phone system) and computer equipment.
- Contacts consultative services per business unit process.
- Process patient information after discharge, including disposition in electronic health record (EHR) and breakdown of patient chart.
- Assist with coordination of interpreter services after collaboration with nursing staff.
- Performs cleaning of unit clinical, telecommunication (phone system) and computer equipment during each shift. Re-boots computer equipment if needed.
- Performs tasks related to emergency response activities.
- Performs purposeful rounding according to unit standards
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- One year in healthcare setting such as medical office, hospital or laboratory required.
- Previous experience as a unit secretary preferred.
- Organization: Henry Ford Hospital – Detroit Main Campus
This posting represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described above.
Under the leadership of President and CEO Robert G. Riney, Henry Ford Health is a
$6 billion integrated health system comprised of six hospitals, a health plan, and 250+ sites
including medical centers, walk-in and urgent care clinics, pharmacy, eye care facilities and
other healthcare retail. Established in 1915 by auto industry pioneer Henry Ford, the health system
now has 32,000 employees and remains home to the 1,900-member Henry Ford Medical Group, one
of the nation’s oldest physician groups. An additional 2,200 physicians are also affiliated with the
health system through the Henry Ford Physician Network. Henry Ford is also one of the region’s
major academic medical centers, receiving between $90-$100 million in annual research funding and
remaining Michigan’s fourth largest NIH-funded institution. Also an active participant in medical
education and training, the health system has trained nearly 40% of physicians currently practicing
in the state and also provides education and training for other health professionals including nurses,
pharmacists, radiology and respiratory technicians. visit .
Whether it’s offering a new medical option, helping you make healthier lifestyle choices or
making the employee enrollment selection experience easier, it’s all about choice. Henry
Ford Health has a new approach for its employee benefits program – My Choice
Rewards. My Choice Rewards is a program as diverse as the people it serves. There are
dozens of options for all of our employees including compensation, benefits, work/life balance
and learning – options that enhance your career and add value to your personal life. As an
employee you are provided access to Retirement Programs, an Employee Assistance Program
(Henry Ford Enhanced), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Employee Health and Wellness, and a whole host of other benefits and services. Employee’s classified as contingent status are not eligible for benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry Ford Health is
committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height,
weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information,
or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Location: Detroit, MI
Job date: Thu, 07 Dec 2023 05:25:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!