Job Vacancy Truss Plant General Manager GPAC
Job title: Truss Plant General Manager
Job description: Full Job Description
We are excited to announce an opening for a Full Job Description
We are excited to announce an opening for a Truss Plant General Manager for a 120,000 square-foot facility in Southern, Florida. The plant serves as a manufacturing facility, and lumber and distribution center for building materials.
We are seeking an experienced Truss Plant General Manager to join our team and lead operations at our Florida facility! The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the lumber or building materials industry with multiple assignments in all phases of the business and a proven track record with an emphasis on safety and quality. Willing to re-locate the right candidate.
Duties and Accountability
- Responsible for the overall production and physical conditions of the location’s facilities and equipment. Partners with other managers of departments and helps to train and develop personnel involved in the production function in these departments.
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data, such as types, quantities, and specifications of products as well as scheduled delivery dates, in order to plan department operations.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimal costs and operational delays.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Resolves worker grievances or submits unsettled grievances to Production Supervisor or Crew Leader for action.
- Directs the implementation of safe operating practices in compliance with Company and regulatory policies (DOT regulations, forklift operations, OSHA compliance, etc.).
- Compiles, stores, retrieves, and analyzes production data.
- Active in professional trade groups, such as Home Builder’s Association, and participates in LMC meetings and customer appreciation events.
- The Building Center maintains a fleet of more than 20 vehicles
- Demonstrates positive interactions with the public and positive interpersonal relations in dealing with fellow employees, supervisors, and other department employees, so that productivity and positive employee relations are maximized.
- Supports and contributes to effective safety and risk management efforts by adhering to established policies and procedures, maintaining a safe environment, promoting accident prevention, and identifying and reporting potential liabilities.
- Maintains confidentiality and accuracy of all information related to company finances and records.
- Adheres to company procedures, policies, and protocols as set forth in the Hourly Employees Handbook.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and developing/training team members; planning, assigning, directing, and delegating work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individ
Expected salary: $160000 – 180000 per year
Location: Tampa, FL
Job date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 22:51:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!