Job Vacancy Transportation Tour Manager – Doyon/Aramark Joint Venture Aramark
Job title: Transportation Tour Manager – Doyon/Aramark Joint Venture
Job description: Job Description
This is a seasonal role. Housing is available.
The Tour Operations Manager oversees the Tundra Wilderness Tour (TWT), and Denali Natural History Tour (DNHT).
The interpretively guided Tundra Wilderness Tour and the Denali Natural History Tour travel the Park Road and are designed primarily for guests looking for a fully guided experience with a box lunch included.
- Direct and coordinate all operational functions associated with Tour Operations
- Maintain proper staffing levels, ensure training, and schedule all employees for functional areas managed.
- Direct and supervise three On-The-Road Supervisors in the day-to-day monitoring and evaluation of all tour related driving activity in and around Denali National Park and Preserve.
- Work closely with the dispatchers who assign tour driver shifts; point of contact for drivers with questions regarding scheduling. This is done by the Tour Manager
- Ensure that equipment needed to complete job duties are stocked and maintained (squeegees, buckets, uniform items, log books, DVIRs, video cameras).
- Through day-to-day monitoring and evaluation, develop performance appraisals that address defensive driving skills for all driving positions employed within the department.
- Assist with Safety and Training to direct, coordinate, and supervise driver training program.
- Provides Transportation Operations Manager with information and recommendations relative to procedures within departments.
- Informally resolve potential grievances with organized workforce.
- Performs as a Manager on Duty.
- Ensure internal and external customers receive the highest level of service that can be provided.
- Ensure effective decisions by thoroughly analyzing alternatives and prioritizing objectives.
- Build a strong employee work team and a positive work environment.
- Work closely with other members of the Transportation Management team as well as Aramark, Alaska Management team.
- Responsible for general knowledge of corporate environmental policies and procedures and how they relate to their job functions. Corporate policies and procedures are posted on bulletin boards or can be accessed in our network
- Responsible for knowing the environmental aspects and associated impacts of their job position. Job specific Environmental Aspects and Impacts will be communicated by Dept. Managers during EMS
- Communicate Environmental objectives and targets during EMS training.
- Employee will have no less than 1 performance review per season to include an evaluation of performance standards as they relate to work instructions addressing their department’s environmental aspects. Employee will be aware of environmental objectives and targets within their department and how the objectives and targets affect their job performance.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge in logistics organization with a demonstrated ability to prioritize needs and demands.
- Previous supervisory experience with a demonstrated knowledge of supervisory skills.
- Must have excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have previous experience and knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel programs.
- Preferred Requirements
- Class B CDL with passenger endorsement and no air brake restriction strongly preferred.
- Professional level training or certification in bus driver training strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in transportation management a plus.
- Experience managing in a union environment
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing – a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work – our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at or connect with us on , and .
Location: Denali National Park, AK
Job date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 22:38:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!