Job Vacancy Transportation Technology Manager Performance Food Group
Job title: Transportation Technology Manager
Company: Performance Food Group
Job description: Job Description
We Deliver the Goods:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including Day 1 Health & Wellness Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Employer Matching, Education Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more
- Growth opportunities performing essential work to support America’s food distribution system
- Safe and inclusive working environment, including culture of rewards, recognition, and respect
Schedule: This role will be onsite in Westlake, TX and require 50% travel during projects and based on business needs to our OpCos. Position Purpose:
Core-Mark is hiring a Transportation Technology Manager to support multiple locations across the United States. This individual will provide resources and leadership to multiple operating companies within Core-Mark’s Distribution Network, including the direction and oversight of operational methodologies, best practices, and protocol to meet the Core-Mark supply chain requirements.
Working for a company in “growth mode” will require this individual to promote adherence to standards, utilization of the systems and continuously provide future vision to the divisions and organization.
- Leveraging Technology, develop and implement creative supply chain solutions to support our business model improvements
- Leading Supply Chain Planning function with accountability to improve service levels and flexibility while balancing financial objectives
- Working with IT, Operations, Customer Service, Finance, and Sales to formulate and drive supply chain strategies and tactics
- Managing cross-divisional Supply Chain related initiatives and translate them into Supply Chain processes and responsibilities
- Find opportunities, develop action plans, and lead improvement projects to reduce cost and improve
- Use your analytical competencies to provide new insights and deliver key business results and build systems to sustain the improvements
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop value adding systems and processes
- Demonstrate strong leadership and significant influence management skills with the ability to quickly gain credibility with a broad group of people – team members, cross functional peers and functional leadership
- Coach and develop team members
- Support the development and execution of the Strategic Planning processes for the function
- Clearly and concisely communicate the implications of analyses and the execution plan to divisional leaders in verbal and written form
- Conduct annual Internal Audit of Division Transportation Department in regards to DOT and FMCSA compliance.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Strong analytical skills; the ability to extract, analyze and present information, analysis and conclusions
- Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly at all levels of an organization; ability to influence others and communicate in an open and honest way that quickly builds trust and respect.
- Exhibit experience in driving action against the supply chain to execute key initiatives
- Strong financial acumen and ability to conduct in-depth analytic work.
- Bring a “servant leadership” mentality, with ability to quickly identify how to contribute and skill to balance a bias for leadership role while equally able to work collaboratively within teams.
- Self-motivated, high energy individual who can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment
Full Time / Part Time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business or related field of Study.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Supply Chain, Logistics and Delivery Operations
- 3+ years of working experience with DOT and FMCSA Regulations
- Intermediate Excel Skills to include knowledge of creating pivot tables
Knowledge of proof of delivery software, ELD and routing software
- People leadership and management experience is preferred
- Experience developing/managing standard operating procedures a plus
Core-Mark continues to grow as the industry leader in fresh and broadline solutions for the convenience retail industry. With a reputation for empowering customers, employees, and communities, Core-Mark has become the largest, most comprehensive marketer of consumer goods in North America – offering a full range of products, programs, and solutions to convenience operators across the U.S. and Canada.
Location: Westlake, TX
Job date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 00:06:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!