Job Vacancy Transportation Supervisor Leaf Home
Job title: Transportation Supervisor
Company: Leaf Home
Job description: Meet Leaf Home, the leading provider of technology-driven home solutions that is on a mission to make homeownership easy. With more than 50% of consumers worried about the cost and effort of home maintenance, we focus on delivering remarkable, end-to-end experiences. Trusted by more than 1 million homeowners across US and Canada, Leaf Home is America’s largest Direct to Consumer full-service provider of branded home services and products. Leaf Home and its products, including the patented LeafFilter gutter protection system, have earned numerous awards and recognition from Good Housekeeping, Qualified Remodeler, Angi, Consumer Reports, This Old House and other consumer review platforms.
Powered by people, Leaf Home’s innovative products and services are delivered with convenience, trust and quality via 200+ regional sales and installation offices along with comprehensive field support offices in Las Vegas, New York and Hudson, Ohio. We believe we win together. Leaf Home has been consistently named one of the fastest growing private companies by Inc 5000 and recognized as a top employer nationally. Benefits of working at Leaf Home are wide-ranging and include:
Industry-best compensation packages | Fully paid health, dental, vision insurance | 401k with company match | Paid Time Off including paid parental leave | Individualized career development programs | On-demand lunch program | Childcare assistance | Free gym membership | Employee assistance programs, including legal, financial planning, and counseling | Employee discount marketplace | Employee Resource Groups such as VetConnect, DEI Committee, Women’s Committee
Apply today and together we will unlock millions of customers’ dream homes and your dream career at Leaf Home.
Position Summary: The Transportation Supervisor is responsible for supervisory of transportation team members and completion of transportation related day-to-day activities amongst the Leaf Home transportation team. Collaborative and communicative skills are important, as the Transportation Supervisor will not only be required to communicate with external vendors but also coordinate cross-functionally with internal groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate completion of day-to-day activities within the Leaf Home transportation umbrella.
- Facilitate completion of ad-hoc and weekly shipments across all LH verticals.
- Supervisory oversight of Shipping Clerk and Operations Clerk.
- Assist Shipping Clerk, Operations clerk, warehouse specialists, and other team members when needed.
- Provide reporting to Director of Logistics and Transportation Manager as needed.
- Recommend improvements to existing or planned transportation processes.
- Communicate with transportation vendors as needed.
- Assist in business reviews with transportation vendors.
- Work with managers and team members to implement strategies/initiatives.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
Experience and Minimum Qualifications:
- 1-3 Years of Transportation Experience preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Ability to juggle various work activities and shift their attention from one task to another to meet the demands of different stakeholders without “dropping the ball”.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy, team-oriented environment and have a “roll up your sleeves” and “today not tomorrow” mentality.
- Apply active listening skills through the ability to comprehend information presented and respond thoughtfully.
- Detail-oriented and can focus on the task at hand, no matter how minute, by finding the most efficient and effective pathway to completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required for communicating with internal and external parties in a manner that is both articulate and professional.
- Ability to logically connect ideas, scrutinize and evaluate arguments, find inconsistencies and errors in work, and engage in reflection.
- Ability to provide timely and empathetic help through in-person, phone, email, and social media avenues that keeps the co-worker or customer’s needs at the forefront of every interaction.
- Ability to communicate effectively, to recognize, understand, and manage one’s own emotions as well as others, and foster positive working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Holding oneself responsible and being self-driven in accomplishing business goals, adhering to policies and being responsible for one’s own actions, performance, and decisions.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Must possess demonstrated customer service skills and ability.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Self-Starter with an ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
Displays qualitative and quantitative acumen.
- Less than 10% domestic travel required.
Overtime/Additional Hours Requirements:
- May be requested to work overtime on evenings and weekends dependent on business need.
- Normal Office Environment
- Indoor work in a climate-controlled environment.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Leaf Home is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an environment that embraces differences and fosters inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Leaf Home will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, results of genetic testing, veteran status, or physical/mental disability (except where the disability prevents the individual from being able to perform the essential functions of the job and cannot be reasonably accommodated in full compliance with the law).
Location: Hudson, OH
Job date: Sat, 09 Sep 2023 07:14:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!