Job Vacancy Transportation Supervisor Goodwill Industries
Job title: Transportation Supervisor
Company: Goodwill Industries
Job description: Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas has a rich, 125 year+ history. Everyone knows Goodwill for our thrift stores, but few know what Goodwill is really all about. The sale of unwanted items provides funds that stay local, helping us to support thousands of job seekers with barriers to employment. We believe in the Power of Work and are committed to helping people earn and keep jobs in the community. That’s why 88¢ of every dollar Goodwill spends goes directly into our mission, not into shareholders’ pockets.
Our agency is evolving. We’re looking for new leaders and team members who want more than just a job.
Visit to learn more about our agency.
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions. Individuals needing accommodations to complete an application may contact Human Resources at 816.842.7425.
Reporting to the Director of ROC Operations, the transportation supervisor is responsible for the people and processes related to inbound and outbound material distribution including dispatch, off-loading and on-loading of trailers and outbound processing of baled and recycled salvage.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Direct the movement of all materials to ensure the needs of internal customers is met.
- Direct the collection, baling and disposal of recycling and salvage material
- Meet deadlines and special requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Direct the collection of materials using Agency drivers and vehicles to ensure scheduled work is completed in a timely manner
- Facilitate necessary DOT, forklift, safety and customer service training
- Prepare, submit and maintain reports on Retail Operations Center (ROC) vehicles and DOT compliance as required by Agency.
- Ensure vehicle fleet is maintained in safe operating condition
- Ensure adherence to all DOT requirements not limited to: hiring of drivers, maintenance of DOT files, pre-trip inspection reports
- Effectively and accurately documenting performance issues and issuing corrective action plans
- Hiring, training, supervising and terminating warehouse associates and drivers
- Ensuring all staff performs duties according to safety expectations and procedures
- Ensuring the physical safety of the equipment
- Communicating safety issues and concerns to ensure quick resolution
- Operating forklift when necessary
- Assist in setting priorities to meet daily, weekly and monthly goals
- Maintain a positive, appropriate and professional relationship with all staff
- Communicate effectively with support departments, management and internal customers
- Accurately track and report on key performance metrics
All other duties assigned by the Director of ROC Operations.
This job operates in a warehouse location.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a physical role. The employee must have the ability to communicate verbally and apply active listening skills and bend, squat, crawl, climb, reach, and stand as necessary. This role requires the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull medium weight up to 50 pounds. Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked change in temperature and humidity and exposure to dust.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work/Travel
This is a full-time. Scheduled hours as needed which may include nights and weekends. Minimal travel to store locations may be required.
The Operations Supervisor will be a proven leader with the following:
- Class A CDL license, a clean MVR and current insurance
- Knowledge of all aspects of DOT compliance, not limited to driver qualifications, DOT files, pre-trip inspections, forklift operations and hours of service
- Ability to test, train and supervise CDL drivers
- Solid understanding of the Agency’s salvage operations
- Solid understanding of product and vehicle logistics
- Three years of recent Class A driving experience
- The incumbent should have a minimum of 2 years of experience as a supervisor
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Solid comfort level with utilizing all aspects of computers to complete the job, not limited to Windows applications
- Familiarity with safety requirements in transportation and a warehouse environment
Location: Kansas City, MO
Job date: Sat, 09 Sep 2023 05:37:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!