Job Vacancy Transportation Supervisor – Flexible Saddle Creek Logistics
Job title: Transportation Supervisor – Flexible
Company: Saddle Creek Logistics
Job description: Why Work for Saddle Creek?
Saddle Creek Logistics Services succeeds by promoting a diverse, friendly, and respectful teamwork environment. As a vital service provider, we not only make a difference in our community but offer our associates opportunities to enhance their skills, build meaningful careers and end each day with a sense of accomplishment. If you’re looking for a family-oriented company that lives by its values and offers competitive pay and benefits, join our team today.
Note that if you are viewing this posting on an external job board (such as Indeed, LinkedIn, ZipRecruiter, etc.), unless specifically stated in the posting, the provided salary estimates may not be accurate as they are not provided by Saddle Creek. Our recruiters look forward to speaking with you about your background, skills, and compensation requirements.
Location: Harrisburg, NC
Shift: Tuesday – Saturday 4pm-1am
The Transportation/Distribution Supervisor is responsible for directing and supervising all warehouse activities on a daily basis within a cross dock operation. The position oversees the receiving, warehousing, packaging and shipping of product consistent with superior customer service while maintaining cost objectives. The Supervisor is responsible for establishing labor requirements, planning, and scheduling of driver and warehouse functions and may assist the Operations Manager with long-term planning. This position will also be cross-trained in other areas of the business, including Transportation and Transportation Management.
- Coordinate workload of up to 20-25 associates by assigning work functions to all staff as necessary to meet the needs of our customers
- Provide the highest quality service to our customers through efficient, cost effective, accurate and damage-free storage of products
- Maintain a safe working environment by following company safety policies and procedures
- Ensure departmental key performance indicators (KPI) are being met
- Use and ensure WMS, TruckMate and PeopleNet systems are updated accurately and promptly
- Assist with the implementation and coordination of special projects such as physical inventory and new accounts
- Identify needs and make recommendations regarding department procedures and process changes
- Ensure accurate inventory levels by maintaining accurate counts in the warehouse management system (WMS)
- Manage inventory control issues and corrections
- Train new hires to ensure understanding of company processes and procedures
- Conduct employee performance evaluations, and corrective action
- Recognize and motivate associates
- Perform all other duties and projects as assigned
- High School/ GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years leading and supervising in warehouse environment
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working with a warehouse management system (WMS)
- Forklift operator certificate and/or license required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to build credible relationship with customer and build effective teams.
- Ability to evaluate alternatives in order to make the best overall value decisions considering labor, cost, customer expectations and other factors.
- Demonstrated analytical ability, attention to detail and strong computer skills
- Solid judgement, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency to resolve issues with internal and external customers
- Proven record of taking initiative and responsibility, both individually and as a member of a team
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in a professional manner.
- Excellent time management skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and/or associates
Benefits package including medical, dental, vision, HSA and medical reimbursement
Annual bonus eligibility
Vacation and holiday pay
Employee assistance and identity theft protection
Career development and opportunity for internal promotions
Tuition reimbursement for further education
Company paid life insurance and short term disability
Saddle Creek is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and existing associates and evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, color, religious creed, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex (including pregnancy, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), mental or physical disability, medical condition, military and veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, governmental regulations and executive orders. View the EEO poster . View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision . View the E-Verify Posting .
Saddle Creek is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability to search and apply for a career opportunity, please send an e-mail to and let us know your contact information and the nature of your request.
Location: Harrisburg, NC
Job date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 00:01:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!