Job Vacancy Transportation Supervisor Core-Mark
Job title: Transportation Supervisor
Job description: Company Description
Core-Mark, a Performance Food Group Company, is part of a Fortune 150 company that continues to grow as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $23 Billion in revenue. Through our distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
We Deliver the Goods:
- Pay range: $65000 – $75000 / a year plus bonus potential
- Schedule: Monday – Friday; 4am start
- Minimum 3 years transportation supervisory/management experience required
- CDL-A license required
- Competitive pay and benefits, including Day 1 Health & Wellness Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Employer Matching, Education Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more.
- Growth opportunities performing essential work to support America’s food distribution system.
- Safe and inclusive working environment, including culture of rewards, recognition, and respect.
This position is responsible for acting in partnership with the Senior Transportation Manager to direct all functions of daily transportation. Responsible for supervision of drivers at Operating Company (OpCo), and for ensuring deliveries are made in safe, efficient, and timely manner. Assists with monitoring Department of Transportation (DOT) logs, ensures drivers are in compliance with all DOT and OpCo regulations, and coordinates the tracking of all relevant information on drivers. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and performs any duty assigned to best serve the company. Supervises associates to include, but not limited to staffing, training, coaching, performance management and problem resolution. Assists in scheduling as well as ensuring deliveries and pickups are made in a timely manner. Rides with drivers for training and/or evaluation purposes.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Supervises both the fleet and driver workforce in an efficient, cost-effective manner.
- Assist with safety incident/accident investigations, documentation and reporting.
- Prepares, maintains and distributes reports, as assigned, on a periodic basis for all safety programs, including newsletters, and Samsara.
- Collaborate with Core-Mark counterparts to develop and implement world class transportation infrastructure and process guidelines.
- Collaborate with peers to drive improvements in division performance against key metrics.
- Drive efficiencies within the department through timely communication
- Maintain a safe and healthful working environment by promoting and managing safety at all levels of the operation
- Provide effective leadership and conduct performance management to foster professional growth of department personnel.
- Support and encourage open door policy to ensure open lines of communication with employees responding to employees needs in a timely and effective manner.
- Manage transportation operation to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local, and company regulations; including, but not limited to, DOT, OSHA, food safety, and Company Standards.
- Responsible for daily yard checks as well as provide updates on yard hostler needs.
- Provides day-to-day supervision to staff including coordinators, clerks, spotters, and drivers.
- Assign hand trucks as well as monitoring equipment cleanliness.
- Responsible for driver check in and check out process.
- Plan and organize what work and resources are required to effectively meet on-time delivery requirements.
- Tracking and filing of Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (EDVIRS).
- Ability to change/manage the department culture and foster strong relationships across domiciles.
- Manages driver scheduling process and payroll data.
- Utilize various systems and software to prepare periodic reports (MS Excel, Omnitracs, UKG).
- Answer Incoming calls and resolve driver, sales representatives and customer issues as needed.
- Inspires others with enthusiasm and positive energy.
- Effectively manages in a changing environment. Skills include leadership, planning, developing policies, delegation, and tracking performance against measurable goals.
- Conducts routine Safety and Driver Meetings.
- Ability to be able to coach drivers within time constraints of a delivery schedule.
- Hands-on experience in transportation and logistics operations.
- May involve training and occasional product delivery as needed.
- Possess superior organizational skills.
- Manage tractor key assignments, ensure all assigned keys are returned.
- Calculate and approve payroll, review driver trip logs.
- Ensures that equipment is utilized in the most efficient manner.
- Communicates end of shift re-cap in order to assure all team members are aware of assignments or changes made to the operation.
- Performing other tasks and duties as assigned.
High school graduate degree with 2 years higher education
CDL-A License required
Minimum 3 years transportation supervisory/management experience required
In-depth knowledge and understanding of DOT regulations required
Intermediate level Microsoft Office expertise required
Ability to use critical thinking skills to analyze situations and drive decisions required
Strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills required
Demonstrated experience in budget creation and managing to that budget required
Demonstrable experience successfully working across functional areas
Normal office environment. May require sustained periods on warehouse floor
Normal sit/stand/walk required for an office position that oversees distribution
Work is performed in an office, with daily exposure to warehouse environment i.e., noise and vibrations due to materials handling equipment and temperature changes
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Experience in a food distribution environment
Warehouse management system experience
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the “Company”) provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our ; (2) the “EEO is the Law” and ; and (3) the .
Expected salary: $65000 – 75000 per year
Location: Wichita, KS
Job date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 06:27:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!