Job Vacancy Transportation Specialist Martin Brower
Job title: Transportation Specialist
Company: Martin Brower
Job description: Compensation ranges from $18.43-$27.64 per hour based on experience.
Pay Transparency Statement:
The compensation philosophy reflects the Company’s reasonable expectation at the time of posting. We consider a number of factors when making individual compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, and other business needs. This role may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary incentive program, subject to the rule governing the program.
A Transportation Specialist supports daily transportation operations including planning, scheduling manpower, equipment and all clerical duties. This position may be responsible for various types of driver related activities such as routing, driver check in and the monitoring, compliance and performance indicators for driver hours of service.
People or Process Management Responsibility: Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and general instructions on new assignments.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Efficiently and accurately complete various driver-related activities such as route planning, driver check-in and hours of service compliance
- Conduct audits of various software programs, including Syntellic and XATA
- Utilize software program to complete route planning, such as Paragon
- Assist with dispatching routes
- Professionally interact with internal and external customers and promptly resolve any concerns
- Any other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3 or more years current related experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented, conscientious and able to work independently
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task effectively and produce accurate, timely results in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Consistently demonstrate a positive approach, team-player attitude and professional demeanor
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Willing to work any shift and any schedule due to our 24/7 environment
- Logistics education
- Food service distribution experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
Expected salary: $18.43 – 27.64 per hour
Location: Enfield, CT
Job date: Sat, 09 Sep 2023 07:05:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!