Job Vacancy Transportation Specialist – Hybrid Siemens
Job title: Transportation Specialist – Hybrid
Job description: Job Description:
Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation! We know that the only way a business thrive is if our people are thriving. That’s why we always put our people first. Our global, diverse team would be happy to support you and challenge you to grow in new ways. Who knows where our shared journey will take you?
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is looking for a Transportation Specialist for their Alpharetta, GA location with the ability to coordinate over-dimensional freight from factory to jobsite. This individual would work in a hybrid model with 2-3 days in the office. The specialist role is critical to driving specific, focused improvement in transportation and warehousing solutions. This role will support Smart Infrastructure (SI) business units, locations, divisions and cross-functional partners.
Our metrics compilation and analysis will also be a key component of driving continuous improvement across all divisions. This is an active role to support the business to achieve a high standard of effectiveness and create end to end business solutions from the data to enable better logistics decisions.
- Collaborate and interface with proposal management, project management, and carriers/forwarders to determine logistics scope and coordinate transportation for projects
- Obtain and evaluate carrier/forwarder bids to select the best quality and cost-effective option in support of proposals and execution plans
- Provide transportation estimates for project bids based on equipment sourcing, expected shipping volumes, project schedule, and delivery terms
- Manage milestones to ensure projects are delivered on time and identify, with anticipation, actions required to keep them on track
- Make sure any special clarifications related to logistics are included in proposals and contracts
- Develop tools and reports (e.g., rate comparison, lane analyze, contract compliance, performance, quality defects, etc.) in order to manage the carriers and ensure contract compliance.
- Develop standards/specifications for quality, delivery time, and lead-time for shipments in order to ensure on-time arrival of product to customers.
- Monitor and lead ongoing operational quarterly business reviews with carriers & 3PL’s in order to ensure continuity and quality of service to our customers.
- Evaluate and measure performance of external service providers (e.g., distributors, third party logistics providers) using applicable performance metrics in order to ensure quality, service, efficiency, and delivery to specifications as set forth in agreements.
- Report project plans, progress, and results to SI management teams
- Import/Export Documentation creation
- Reviewing, assessing and processing any associated freight claims
- Flexibility and willingness for domestic travel with a minimum 10-15%
- Ocean/Air Knowledge & Experience – 5-10 years of progressive international logistics/transportation experience with freight forwarder/carrier
- Import/Export Knowledge – demonstrated knowledge of various domestic and international documents used in regard to transportations and import/export; in depth knowledge in regards to preferential trade agreement documentation, letters of credit, manifests, ocean bills of lading, etc
- Problem Solving – identify root causes and generate technical solutions to support business decisions
- Project Management – ability to manage and lead projects; formal training and previous experience of other PM roles is not required but a plus
- Written & Oral Communication – ability to digest inputs and re-craft information in ways that others can clearly understand
You’ll win us over by having the following qualifications:
- Supply Chain Logistics, Supply Chain Management; 4-year bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience working in logistics
- Computer skills required – Excel, Visio, PowerPoint. Project Management Tools
- Demonstrated success and depth of experience with requirement regarding the preparation of and execution of all the various transportation modes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various domestic and international documents used in regards to transportations and import/export.
- Demonstrated ability to work within teams – conceptualize and socialize ideas, make recommendations and facilitate team consensus to move forward.
- In depth knowledge in regards to preferential trade agreement documentation, letters of credit, manifests, Ocean bills of lading
- Demonstrated success and depth of experience with equipment regarding the preparation of and execution of all the various transportation modes.
- Innovation skills, creativity, willingness to share and explore new ideas.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a continual and permanent basis without company sponsorship
- APICS (CSCP/CPIM) Certification
- Lean Certification
- Six Sigma Certification
- SAP or related ERP system
- Power Apps
You’ll benefit from:
- Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to our employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here:
- The base salary range for this position is $64,700 – $110,800. The actual wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, qualifications and premium geographic location.
Create a better #TomorrowWithUs
We are a global technology company focused on industry, infrastructure, transport, and healthcare. From more resource-efficient factories, resilient supply chains, and smarter buildings and grids, to sustainable transportation as well as advanced healthcare, we create technology with purpose adding real value for customers.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We value your unique identity and perspective. We are fully committed to providing equitable opportunities and building a workplace that reflects the diversity of society. Come bring your authentic self and create a better tomorrow with us. Learn more about our commitment to DEI .
Protecting the environment, conserving our natural resources, fostering the health and performance of our people as well as safeguarding their working conditions are core to our social and business commitment at Siemens. They are an integral part of our Business Conduct Guidelines and our corporate strategy.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click .
Expected salary: $64700 – 110800 per year
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Job date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 23:45:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!