Job Vacancy Transportation Specialist Amazon
Job title: Transportation Specialist
Job description: DESCRIPTION
**This role will require you to be located in Arizona**
Amazon’s ROC, Team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Transportation Specialist to assist in the resolution of stakeholder issues of daily freight movements flowing into and out of our North American fulfillment centers and our associated fulfillment network. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team, and to have a positive impact on Amazon, our transportation partners and ultimately our customers. When network disruptions happen, you’ll be at the forefront of helping the network/transportation partners clear those issues and ensure our customers get shipments on time.
An ideal candidate has a background in customer service/call center, transportation, and/or supply chain environments. Additionally, a passion for quickly providing solutions and resolution to challenges by using strong communication, problem solving and organizational skills is a must. Successful candidates will enjoy working in a fast-pace, high-volume environment with a lot of growth opportunity. They will thrive on accountability to themselves, team, carriers/drivers and work schedules!
Key job responsibilities
- Deliver outstanding carrier and driver experience/solutions, in a contact center environment, through researching, problem-solving, setting appropriate expectations and working within the Amazon Transportation network to get trailers/trucks back on track when disruptions occur
- Work in fast-paced environment, and adhere to schedules: start/stop, and breaks/lunches
- Support workload surges and/or weather-related operations as needed to include working significant overtime during designated high-volume peaks
- Use internal systems to gather data from multiple sources to support reporting on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis (AAP, Reach, Decisiv)
- Provide support to field teams and partners by creating repair requests, monitoring repair execution, ensuring on-time preventive maintenance, and maintaining unit history (e.g., for washes, warranties, registrations)
- Help write standard work for both the internal team as well as field teams
- Work with cross-functional teams. Use analytical skills to drive data-driven decision, and effectively communicate insights to others across Transportation Operations Management (TOM), Amazon Freight Partners (AFP), and Fleet.
- Provide support to field teams in driver assignment, load acceptance and driver/equipment availability
Your calls will be monitored and recorded for training and compliance purposes.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Tempe, AZ, USA
- High School or Equivalent Diploma
- 1+ year experience with MS Excel based tools; familiarity with Excel spreadsheets and ability to navigate and interpret data
- Flexibility to work day or night and weekend shifts as needed, as this team provides tactical support to Amazon’s fulfillment network 24 hours/day 7 days/week
Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
Must be able to work 40 hours/week and overtime as required
Must be able to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
- 1+ year call center experience, ideally in a logistics or claims environment
- Proven strength in customer service, communication (including focused listening) and organizational skills
- Demonstrated passion and ability to leverage strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with computers, especially with Customer Relations Management (CRM) software, and strong typing skills
- Proven work experience as an administrative support or project/data management
- Experience in transportation operations with knowledge of Hours of Service (HOS), Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Location: Tempe, AZ
Job date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 02:57:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!