Job Vacancy Transportation Sourcing Specialist Putzmeister
Job title: Transportation Sourcing Specialist
Job description: Transportation Sourcing Specialist
Position Summary: The Transportation Sourcing Specialist will provide subject matter experience in the efficient movement and transportation of materials and products across a range of transport modes. In this role, you will manage key internal and external stakeholder relationships and rely on current, up to date knowledge of industry market practices and trends to find the most practical and cost-effective solutions for a range of freight sourcing activities. Work closely with quality, sales & engineering teams to drive the successful sourcing of direct parts needed for sourcing project, cost savings & risk reduction projects; develop appropriate Sourcing components strategies and improve response times. This role interfaces with both internal and external parties focusing on resourcing projects with some exposure to international sourcing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the sourcing activities for Direct Commodities such as fittings, fasteners or engines, find new vendor & resource from the existing ones. Effectively communicate & execute sourcing strategies to meet/exceed the cost effective/completive relaunch of Allentown product line.
- Apply a general understanding of transportation and logistics practices and procedures to assist in negotiating freight prices and contract terms for customers.
- Analyze moderately complex transportation operations practices to resolve process and cost improvement opportunities.
- Provide industry market updates related to the transportation related activities of the business to inform strategic decisions.
- Define and evaluate supplier performance requirements with cross-functional teams.
- Prepare, analyze, and make sourcing selections using RFQ, metrics and documentation to capture requirements (part numbers, drawings/specifications, volumes) and contract terms consistent with sourcing strategy.
- Execute effective supplier on time delivery/quality meetings with suppliers.
- Coordinate supplier quality, capacity, and development meetings with Quality department colleagues, supplier, and other internal customers to improve supplier performance.
- Analyze data, including enterprise requirements and planning information to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure optimal delivery of supplier materials.
- Update purchase orders in MRP system for changes in design and delivery requirements.
- Utilize product knowledge, supplier relationships, and cross functional peers to identify and execute incremental cost savings opportunities to support department goals.
- Negotiate and mitigate economic increases, production/development piece prices, design changes, and tooling costs, expedite costs, and cancellation costs. Resolve invoicing issues with suppliers when applicable.
- Negotiate product costs internationally on low volume bases or single items base.
- 2+ years’ experience in Sourcing & Supply Chain.
- 2+ years’ experience in Transportation & Logistics.
- Experience in sourcing different kind of commodities
- Bachelors’ degree required.
- Superior communication skills a must.
- SAP and MS Office (MS Excel, Powerpoint) experience
- Strong Financial knowledge or acumen.
Location: Sturtevant, WI
Job date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 04:27:30 GMT
Apply for the job now!