Job Vacancy Transportation Scheduler Lubrizol
Job title: Transportation Scheduler
Job description: About Lubrizol
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is committed to enabling a sustainable future. Our unmatched science unlocks immense possibilities at the molecular level, driving sustainable and measurable results to help the world Move Cleaner, Create Smarter and Live Better. Our solutions are used by people every day, improving billions of lives around the world.
We value diversity in professional backgrounds and life experiences. By enabling a consistent, unbiased, and transparent recruitment process, Lubrizol seeks to create a positive experience for candidates so we can get to know them at their best. We recognize unique work and life situations and offer flexibility, ensuring our employees feel engaged and fulfilled in every aspect of life.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Supply Chain Associate role is critical in providing goods and services to our business partners. This position is responsible for scheduling and planning logistics for outbound bulk finished goods, packaged finished goods, and inbound bulk raw materials for the entire plant. In addition, this position verifies that all pertinent information is completed on indirect purchase requisitions for the site and has them converted to purchase orders in accordance with Lubrizol procurement policies and procedures.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with carriers and other critical supply chain vendors
- Support the site as a Super User for S4/SAP TM and Procurement functions
- Responsible for dispatching bulk and package loads for delivery while managing both Lubrizol approved and customer supplied carriers.
- Management and coordination of inventory being held off-site, in-particular working with rail partners to ensure continued operations
- Responsible for scheduling delivery of bulk raw materials via Lubrizol approved road carriers or rail services.
- Coordinates with carriers to ensure that they meet all customer, supplier, and Lubrizol Bowling Green site requirements for pick-up, delivery, and safe operation.
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy of indirect purchase requisitions and getting them converted to purchase orders in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with Lubrizol procurement policies and procedures.
- Works closely with Supply Chain Supervisor and Production Planner to efficiently provide correct products on time as requested by customer.
- Work with external corporate procurement, supply chain, commercial, and logistics teams to implement and execute company directives or changes.
- Managing customer or plant order pushes by making necessary adjustments in SAP, communicating changes to Planning, Material Handling, and Customer Service teams.
- Managing short-notice customer material requests by confirming material availability with Planning, manpower availability with Material Handling, and carrier availability, then communicating results to customer service for customer confirmation.
- Communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in written form, at varying business levels both internally and externally.
- Organize and prioritize responsibilities, focusing on external and internal customer service, and execute successfully while paying attention to details.
- Back up both Production Planner and Supply Chain Supervisor roles
- Attending plant and department meetings as necessary
- Other tasks as assigned by Supply Chain Supervisor
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
- BS in business / logistics / supply chain or equivalent experience
- Thorough knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Office, and Lubrizol Procurement Policies
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Able to prioritize and multitask in a timely fashion
- Able to consider the voice of the customer, both internal and external, in the decision-making process
- Constantly use hands operate keyboard, mouse, and answer telephone
- Primarily seated computer-based work, but ability to move about the offices and plant as the need arises.
- Constant repetitive motion tasks – typing and mouse
- Constant work at close vision.
The employee will be required to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment such as: safety glasses, hard hat, and safety shoes in the designated areas.
The employee will continually use PC with Microsoft Office products and SAP.
If you’re interested in the position, we encourage you to apply. Lubrizol is always looking for candidates who embody our cultural beliefs in everything they do. If you’re All In, Lead Decisively, Take Action, Think External, and can Be Courageous, Lubrizol could be the place for you.
Location: Bowling Green, OH
Job date: Sun, 02 Jul 2023 22:30:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!