Job Vacancy Transportation Sales Manager – Overland Park, KS Watco
Job title: Transportation Sales Manager – Overland Park, KS
Job description: Note: This is a sales position requiring 2+ years of sales experience and an existing book of business that will compensate with a competitive salary and commission opportunities.
The Account Manager of Watco Logistics is responsible for generating new sales activity and the overall “day-to-day” freight management of shipments and/or customer accounts. This position plays a critical role in providing quality service to customers, encouraging team morale and performance, while maintaining a positive culture within the branch. It is essential for the Account Manager to conduct the necessary activities to deliver the desired results, garner customers’ trust and produce above average gross revenue and profits to ensure the branch’s annual goals and objectives are met. This position has various responsibilities including freight sales, customer spot pricing, carrier price negotiation, and operational duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING (OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED):
- Develop new customer sales
- Utilize various prospecting methods to generate new sales leads and solicit freight
- Cultivate sustainable customer relationships and encourage customer growth
- Deliver cost-effective solutions that will attract and retain customers
- Manage broker and customer service aspects of assigned shipments and/or customer accounts
- Effectively communicate with customers, carriers, and internal teams
- Support customers with pricing, operations, and payment-related issues
- Manage spot pricing and carrier negotiations
- Provide support to operations and other internal teams
- Conduct on-site customer visits as needed
- Cultivate customer growth and relationships
- Work hand in hand with transportation coordinators on brokering and provide effective feedback as needed
- Communicate effectively with customers, carriers, shippers, and team members
- Involvement in spot pricing carrier negotiations and RFP (Request for Pricing form – Proposal) RFI (Requisition for Information)
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- 2 years brokerage operations experience preferred
- Transportation or supply chain related experience preferred
- Business development personal training, sales knowledge, and highway service knowledge
- Apply knowledge of organization, communication, conflict resolution, and time management skills
- Use basic computer skills – Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, 10 Key, and Data Entry
- Registry Monitoring Insurance Services (RMIS) skills recommended
- Transportation Management System (TMS) skills recommended
- Ability to work with others and be a positive influence on co-workers
- Utilize professional phone and email communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions
- Effective customer service skills and the ability to service both internal and external customers
- Ability to provide oral and written reports, business correspondence, and effective presentation of information to customers, team members, and managers
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Capable of working independently and making decisions with limited supervision
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment with extensive team member and supplier contact with frequent interruptions. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & DEMANDS
- Sit, stand, walk, and reach with arms – Completion of paperwork, long consecutive hours of typing and using the computer
- Talk daily to customers, team members, vendors, etc.
- Ability to hear what the team members communicate
- The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to travel
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location: Overland Park, KS
Job date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 06:20:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!