Job Vacancy Transportation Project Manager Carrier
Job title: Transportation Project Manager
Job description: Country: United States of America
Location: CAI22: Carrier – Indianapolis 30 S Meridian St, Suite 500 , Indianapolis, IN, 46204 USA
Carrier is a leading provider of HVAC, refrigeration, fire, security, and building automation technologies. These high-technology products and services enable modern life by delivering efficiency, safety, and security across several platforms. Enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
If you thrive in a fast-paced global environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your supply chain career, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a motivated, process-oriented leader experienced with transportation technologies (TMS, GPS tracking platforms, etc..) as well as transportation process (planning, procurement, freight bill and audit) to drive efficiencies in Transportation.
The Transportation Project Manager will report to the Sr. Manager, Transportation Project Management and is responsible for the management of transportation projects including, but not limited to, TMS expansion, GPS tracking and tracing, EDI implementation, IT systems roll-out and process/org structure improvement. This is a cross-functional leadership role with responsibility for project management and accountability for deadlines, results, and metrics.
- Lead the implementation of several strategic, cross-functional initiatives from introduction to completion for transportation-specific projects resulting in process improvement, productivity and lean initiatives.
- Project management to improve data visibility including EDI implementations, P44 track and trace, cost reduction, freight under management and other projects as designated.
- Support the improvement and expansion of E2Open among Carrier’s supplier base to increase in-house management of freight spend.
- Support department efforts to expand the use of digital tools in our processes; EDI, LBN, P44, TM expansion and others as required.
- Communicate to technical/non-technical stakeholders frequently, including senior management.
- Coordinate escalations for support groups and resources for project initiatives.
- Keep customers informed on the nature of service provided and outstanding issues, along with recommending system enhancements.
- Provide support to the Transportation Operations team as needed.
- Manage delivery of contracted services and secure change orders for the expansion of contracted services.
- Coordinate project technical and operational needs, manage the use of shared resources, identify and communicate resource constraints, and assist with corrective action plans to remedy any issues.
- Manage relationships with subcontractors, identify issues, and take corrective actions to remedy any problems.
- Troubleshoot technical problems, monitor issues, and recommend actions to Carrier or customer representatives.
- Track and reports on project progress to ensure continuous improvement.
- Help facilitate supply chain and logistics aspects of larger HVAC projects including but not limited to phase-in and phase-out of product lines, expansion projects, and M&A work.
- Interface with IT SMEs to assess proposed solutions ensuring needs of business are met.
- Build strategic project plans to drive Carrier to transportation best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience in supply chain/distribution, logistics, or transportation.
- 3+ years of project management experience in a complex supply chain/distribution network
- 2+ years of TMS WMS ERP experience/knowledge.
- Must demonstrate the ability to implement new methods to collect and analyze data to make strategic decisions.
- BA or BS in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management, Engineering or related discipline
- Apply a logical, systematic approach to problem-solving using statistical, quantitative, and analytical approaches to provide insight, interpret information, and present recommendations to resolve Supply Chain problems and drive change.
- Ability to effectively interact with executive level management, internal customers, internal manufacturing sites, and other functional areas like finance, IT, customer service, order management, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage, energize and motivate geographically diverse teams and the ability to influence organizations that do not report to you. Strong communication skills with a history of influencing multiple levels of the organization.
- Strong project planning lifecycle and management skills.
- Can successfully work independently, with limited guidance, and in a team environment.
- Broad experience utilizing transportation management strategies and tools.
- Demonstrates leadership characteristics including organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, focused on results, and the ability to build positive relationships.
- Operations experience is preferred, but not an absolute requirement.
- Good critical thinking skills with the ability to see the big picture and navigate effectively through the dynamic environment, asking the right questions to craft decision packages and deliver compelling recommendations.
- Adaptable to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy within a diverse organization.
- Flexibility to travel as required; domestic and international.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant’s Privacy Notice:
Click on this to read the Job Applicant’s Privacy Notice
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 23:20:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!