Job Vacancy Transportation Planning Coordinator ASR Group
Job title: Transportation Planning Coordinator
Company: ASR Group
Job description: ASR Group is the world’s largest refiner and marketer of cane sugar, with an annual production capacity of more than 6 million tons of sugar. The company produces a full line of grocery, industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products. Across North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries, located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and Mexico. In the European Union, the company owns and operates sugar refineries in England, Portugal. ASR Group also owns and operates mills in Mexico and Belize. The company’s brand portfolio includes the leading brands Domino®, C&H®, Redpath®, Tate & Lyle®, Lyle’s® and Sidul®.
The ASR Transportation Coordinator will work as a member of the Corporate Logistics team to manage the daily trucking capacity for sugar refineries and 3rd party warehouses utilizing the company’s transportation management system (TMS). The Coordinator will monitor all carrier exceptions; including open future orders without assigned trucks and assisting ASR distribution team with dealing refinery supply and customer changes. Role KPIs include: # loads planned & loaded per day, primary carrier/lane utilization, No-Show rate, Product cuts due to truck weigh, Intermodal lane utilization, Budget adherence & Productivity.
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking transportation for on-time pickup and delivery by utilizing TMS, SAP and other business systems
- Manage refinery & 3PL warehouse truck order tendering via TMS;
- Monitor carrier load allocations to carrier daily & weekly capacities
- Manage TMS load exceptions and carrier changes
- Tracking and tracing expedited customer orders to destination
- Conduct Spot Rate bids for new lanes or expedited loads
- Recovering missed and late loads for refinery and 3PL and co-packers including No shows, No accepted load, Give backs
- Communication with carriers on order changes
- Collect data for freight claims
- Communication with CSR teams about customer requirements and expectations
- Daily shipment communication flow
- Role may include after hour and weekend correspondences with carriers and shipping points
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills focusing on teamwork and collaboration within all levels of the business.
- Effective Writing Skills: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Ability to work between multiple systems at the same time.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to sort through large influx of information to identify relevant data needed and make correct business decisions.
- Must be capable to relate data analysis to sound business recommendations and support business case for improvements
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheets to include Pivot tables (Excel or equivalent) and database (MS Access or equivalent).
- Technically inclined to rapidly learn new functionalities of complex information systems
- Movement Costs
- Cost Per Unit/ Mile
- Lead Time Creation
- Compliance to Routing Guide
- Utilization of Truck Capacity
- Customer – On time to request & Perfect Order
- 4 year degree in business, operations management, supply chain/logistics
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Location: New Orleans, LA
Job date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 23:52:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!