Job Vacancy Transportation Planner: 24 Akraya
Job title: Transportation Planner: 24
Job description: Primary Skills:Transportation Planner, Load planning, JDA, Manhattan, TMS
Duration: 6-12+ Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
Location: Fairburn, GA
Pay Range:$50k – $60k yearly
Shift timing:- Either Mon thru Friday (day shift), OR Saturday, Sunday and 3 weekdays
TALK to a recruiter NOW: CONTACT Aman at 408-907-3219
Work on project with Largest search engine company in the world
- Create/Manage daily load planning process for Atlanta warehouses using TMS application.
- Work with Warehouse Operation teams to resolve load plan issues and facilitate on time shipping. This will be done through use of both systemic and manually developed solutions.
- Liaise with Warehouse and Transportation Managers to develop and drive cost savings initiatives within the network, seek innovative opportunities to streamline processes, and make recommendations to automate & improve efficiency while maintaining exceptional on-time service.
- Identify and communicate any exception/at-risk shipments, and develop/offer solutions to ensure timely flow of goods.
- Manage carrier partners to ensure daily execution of all movements, review performance and develop/design improvements to the supply chain, based on business priorities. Serve as the key operational contact for building teams, downstream and carrier partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 4-5 years of Logistics Experience- preferably in a transportation planning role or operational cross dock environment. Will consider appropriately qualified candidates in lieu of college degree. Someone who has really done physical outbound shipment planning (not just from simply a transportation and operations background)
- Skilled in utilizing the TMS – Transportation Management System (logistics platform) to help plan, execute, and optimize the physical movement of goods, both incoming and outgoing, and making sure the shipment is compliant, proper documentation is available
- Important Prior experience doing shipment planning that is not completely automated
- Products to be shipped include Their own software and equipment
- Strong communication skills. Able to clearly define complex thoughts in writing. Able to adjust communication style and level of detail to flex between senior executives through front line associates.
- Highly responsive. Proven track record in building relationships and handling operational exceptions with appropriate communication, and levels of engagement.
- Experience with JDA, Oracle, Manhattan or similar TMS, highly desirable.
- Experience with excel is preferred.
- Excellent critical thinker and problem solver. Demonstrated examples of process improvement and KPI measurement and reporting.
Call Now:Aman at 408-907-3219
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. Akraya was recently voted as a 2022 Best Staffing Firm to Temp For by Staffing Industry Analysts and voted by our employees and consultants as a 2022 Glassdoor Best Places to Work.
Expected salary: $50000 – 60000 per year
Location: Fairburn, GA
Job date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 23:07:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!