Job Vacancy Transportation Planner 2 HDR
Job title: Transportation Planner 2
Job description: About Us
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is hiring a Transportation Planner 2 to work at our client office located in Jacksonville, Florida
- Review requests, applications, and plans related to the metropolitan planning program, and other policy or planning activities. Maintain supporting documentation, maps, and other records. Review related management policies and procedures or handbooks.
- Assist metropolitan planning organizations with development of planning documents.
- Assist metropolitan planning organizations with federal and state contracting and grant administration requirements.
- Assist with programmatic and fiscal oversight for MPO grants.
- Analyze, interpret, and apply state and federal laws and regulations. Evaluate statewide policy issues that affect transportation planning.
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings, workshops, and conferences, including developing agendas, coordinating presenters, preparing presentations, giving presentations, facilitating meetings, and coordinating meeting logistics, meeting notices, meeting summaries, and other activities.
- Pursue and conduct research, studies, or other assigned special projects to support transportation planning activities.
- Provide in-house staff support at FDOT as needed.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of transportation planning experience, including at least 2 years of metropolitan planning experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task stay organized and be highly responsive to requests from clients.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant in our employee-owned culture
- Master’s degree in Planning, Civil Engineering, or related field
- Familiarity with Florida MPOs
- Familiarity with FDOT policies, procedures, and systems
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Job date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 06:47:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!