Job Vacancy Transportation Operations Support Specialist SMCI
Job title: Transportation Operations Support Specialist
Job description: Company Overview
Milestone Technologies is a global IT managed services firm that partners with organizations to scale their technology, infrastructure and services to drive specific business outcomes such as digital transformation, innovation, and operational agility. Milestone is focused on building an employee-first, performance based culture and for over 25 years, we have a demonstrated history of supporting category-defining enterprise clients that are growing ahead of the market. The company specializes in providing solutions across Application Services and Consulting, Digital Product Engineering, Digital Workplace Services, Private Cloud Services, AI/Automation, and ServiceNow. Milestone culture is built to provide a collaborative, inclusive environment that supports employees and empowers them to reach their full potential.
Our seasoned professionals deliver services based on Milestone’s best practices and service delivery framework. By leveraging our vast knowledge base to execute initiatives, we deliver both short-term and long-term value to our clients and apply continuous service improvement to deliver transformational benefits to IT. With Intelligent Automation, Milestone helps businesses further accelerate their IT transformation. The result is a sharper focus on business objectives and a dramatic improvement in employee productivity. Through our key technology partnerships and our people-first approach, Milestone continues to deliver industry-leading innovation to our clients. With more than 3,000 employees serving over 200 companies worldwide, we are following our mission of revolutionizing the way IT is deployed around the globe.
We are seeking a Transportation Operations Support Specialist that has substantial operations experience with shipping, railroad, trucking or transportation in a heavy industrial environment.
How You Will Make An Impact
- Support ABB XJD, XCC, and remote table protocols for STS Cranes
- Support ABB OCR system
- Support Navis N4 software
- Support TBA TEAMS software for the automated guided vehicles
- Support FMDS, battery management system, and fence control system for the automated guided vehicles
- Understand overall vessel operations processes to support EDI and billing issues
- Navigate monitoring dashboard to review possible issues
- Manage work using Help Desk (Jira Service Desk) ticket
- Review and update relevant documentation using Confluence
- Upgrade software based upon instructions provide by software vendor
What You Will Need To Succeed
- 3-5 years of operations experience in shipping, rail, trucking or transportation.
- Understanding of inventory management principles and global logistics practices.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills, including the ability to follow a detailed operational manual and complete tasks within designated timeframe.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work 8 am to 5 pm PST, 5 days a week, onsite.
- Degree in a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Maritime shipping or operations experience.
- Any Department of Transportation (DOT) certifications are a plus.
The estimated pay range for this position is USD $91,520 – $99,840/Yr. and is an Exempt role.
Exact compensation and offers of employment are dependent on circumstances of each case and will be determined based on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, licenses or certifications, and location.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Milestone we strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and work with, where we all feel empowered to bring our full, authentic selves to work. We know creating a diverse and inclusive culture that champions equity and belonging is not only the right thing to do for our employees but is also critical to our continued success.
Milestone Technologies provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, or local ordinance. Milestone also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.
We welcome the unique background, culture, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression and perspectives you can bring to our global community. Our recruitment team is looking forward to meeting you.
This position may be assigned to a client that requires all individuals on-site to have the COVID-19 vaccination. The individual must be fully vaccinated before starting work at such a client site.
*Job description is subject to change.
Expected salary: $91520 – 99840 per year
Location: Long Beach, CA
Job date: Fri, 05 May 2023 04:48:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!