Job Vacancy Transportation Manager Werner Enterprises
Job title: Transportation Manager
Company: Werner Enterprises
Job description: The Transportation Manager is responsible for day to day Transportation operations, which include
maintaining driver relations and all customer service functions needed to ensure customer
satisfaction. The operational functions include revenue generation (headhaul / backhaul), safety, equipment maintenance monitoring, and driver payroll. This must be accomplished in conjunction with meeting the key performance indicators (KPI’s) established by the Dedicated Logistics Manager, Operations Manager and our Customer.
- Build and maintain driver relationships through understanding and meeting driver needs. These needs include, but are not limited to home time, payroll, utility, equipment breakdowns, logging violations, equipment issues, etc. This is done using our operating systems, customer operating systems, driver telematics communications, face to face communication and phone/text communication.
- Partner with the Dedicated and Associate Logistics Managers to optimize driver loads based on origin, destination, type of freight, number of miles, stops, directions, etc. with driver needs and availability.
- Understand and adhere to our customer’s dynamics service expectations, goals, and initiatives as they relate to improving value for the Customer and Werner.
- Interface with various departments such as billing, vans, customer service, risk, safety, payroll, fuel, maintenance, and external vendors.
- Work closely with the Dedicated Logistics Manager and/or the Operations Manager to fill and maintain a full board of drivers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Dedicated Logistics Manager.
- Timely and regular attendance according to the scheduled shift as determined by supervisory personnel.
- A Bachelor’s degree (Business Admin, Marketing or Transportation/Logistics) and/or two to three years of fleet management or transportation experience in the truckload industry preferred.
- Six months to one year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, proven management ability, and skill in operating a computer terminal
and satellite communications system required.
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant’s age.
Location: USA – USA
Job date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 05:30:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!