Job Vacancy Transportation Manager II DHL
Job title: Transportation Manager II
Job description: Salary Range: $60,000 – $104,000/yr
Transportation Manager II
Transportation is a pillar for any supply chain, and at DHL Supply Chain you are an required part of everyday life; because a storm or the breakdown of a truck shouldn’t stop our customer’s products from getting to the consumer when they need them the most. Working in transportation, you will be an required part of our business. All members of our transportation teams ensure that the supply chain doesn’t break. They work tirelessly with internal and external parties to guarantee the best solution for the customer. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and you are looking for a good challenge to grow your career in transportation; DHL has the opportunity for you.
Responsible for coordinating and supervising all traffic functions relating to freight movement in and out of a facility
- Direct and supervise the scheduling of inbound/outbound shipments to ensure most economical utilization of carriers based on service parameters; interface with operations to resolve any problems associated with scheduling and dispatching; recommend programs to the director that improves the transportation function; and could include customs concerns and regulating costs
- Manage the defined carrier that is providing services to the facility including meeting with local carrier representatives to discuss base transportation related issues, monitoring carrier performance, and reviewing current practice versus potential improvements by changing carrier mode or mix
- Develop and implement a proactive track and trace process to insure all shipments are delivered in a timely manner; provide track and trace information to the customer is in a timely manner
- Develop and implement transition plans in support of a projected changing business model migrating from DC replenishment to POS delivery to the final end-user customers; develop service contingencies to support the entire supply chain
- Direct transportation associates to achieve prescribed objectives; develop and maintain a productive staff by hiring, training, and professional development; match the skill and background of associates to the work required; apply sound communication and motivational techniques, to supervise, counsel, and discipline subordinates; and implement performance evaluation system for recommending promotions, wage increases, and terminations
- Manage and administer the facility truck fleet by selecting drivers, equipment, dispatching, and performing maintenance, achieving expected service levels and managing costs
- Prepare billings and process payments of freight bills; establish a financial audit for fleet operations to determine its cost-effectiveness
- Develop and operate an effective transportation information reporting system; ensure the accurate and timely preparation, processing, distribution, and retention of all necessary reports and records regarding transportation operations; and develop additional and/or enhanced reports to support customer’s changing needs
- Support business development sales and marketing efforts as needed, to include customer presentations and direct the completion of transportation studies and analysis
- Provide transportation support and assistance to customers as needed; participate in customer meetings; direct the receivers visitation program, including the furnishing of specific feedback to our customers
- Effectively communicate with associates, customers, and carriers in person, via PC, or via phone to accomplish necessary objectives
- To provide flawless execution of the transportation services to our customer
- Ensure compliance to all regulatory issues within scope of service
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, required
- 3-5 years experience in related field, required
- Working knowledge of federal and state transportation regulations, required
- Experience with the transportation management function, required
- Experience with account management with a logistics organization, preferred
Our Organization has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays.
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.
Expected salary: $60000 – 104000 per year
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Job date: Sun, 03 Sep 2023 23:06:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!