Job Vacancy Transportation Manager, Customer Pick-up Pactiv
Job title: Transportation Manager, Customer Pick-up
Job description: Overview
The Transportation Manager, CPU is a key part of Pactiv Evergreen’s Supply Chain organization. In this role you will manage a team of Transportation Planners, who are responsible for the planning and execution of Customer Pick-up (CPU) loads across our network. This will require an individual who is a self-starter, thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a “business owner” mentality. This is an opportunity to leverage your leadership skills as we take our Transportation Center of Excellence (CoE) to the next level!
This is a hybrid role. Two days a week in the office at Lake Forest, IL.
- Lead a team of 4 to 5 Transportation Planners, who are responsible for the planning and execution of Customer Pick-up (CPU) loads across our network.
- Be knowledgeable of all CPU planning activities and provide back-up as necessary.
- Champion and lead the rollout of our new Appointment Manager functionality (FourKites).
- Serve as the point person for all transportation CPU activities to include being the escalation point of contact between Transportation Planners and Customer Service/Sales.
- Build and maintain both customer and carrier relationships to support the business.
- Hold carriers accountable for on-time pick-up and maintaining trailer pools to execute drop appointments.
- Monitor live loading activity and drive conversations with Customer Service/Sales to reinforce drop policy.
- Work directly with regional operations liaison(s) on any programs to support the business.
- Partner and collaborate with other supply chain functions (Customer Service, Operations, Supply Chain Planning, etc…) on continuous improvement opportunities.
- Partner with Transportation Procurement, Services, and Optimization to support any CoE initiatives.
- Provide support/leadership for the other Transportation Planning teams (Capacity and Services) as needed.
- BA/BS in Logistics or Business or 5+ years of logistics/supply chain experience
- Proven leadership skills
- Knowledge of the transportation industry
- Ability to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work comfortably and lead in a collaborative team environment
- A “can do” attitude and lead by example managerial style
- Experience managing people
- Knowledge of SAP
- Experience with Transportation Management System applications (JDA preferred)
- Experience with transportation visibility software (FourKites preferred)
- Experience with on-line dock/appointment scheduling software
- Previous experience with Tableau
Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847) 482-4320 or email [email protected].
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.
Location: Lake Forest, IL
Job date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 23:34:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!