Job Vacancy Transportation Logistics Coordinator Kroger
Job title: Transportation Logistics Coordinator
Job description: Job Description:
Company Name: Kroger Logistics
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Tender loads to carriers and ensure on-time delivery of product. Effectively communicate with various customers such as procurement, manufacturing, suppliers, shipping & receiving, carriers and the Kroger Distribution Centers. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Tender freight orders to preferred company carriers
- Monitor inbound TMS systems to ensure carrier acceptance and rating of shipments
- Assist Transportation Supervisor in procuring freight, identifying transportation requirements and making carrier selection.
- Audit freight payment process for accuracy and timeliness through current freight payment systems.
- Prepare financial performance reports weekly, at period end and quarter close related to Kroger managed freight.
- Communicate regularly with various customers such as procurement, manufacturing, suppliers, shipping & receiving, carriers and the Kroger Distribution Centers.
- Plan and schedule fleet pickups at vendor locations.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Good listening, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in handling and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Ability to work off scheduled hours inclusive of weekends, nights, and holidays.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Experience in distribution shipping/receiving, general freight hauling, direct store delivery or backhaul transportation operations.
- Proficient in transportation management systems (TMS), specific to Manhattan, One Network and i-Trade, procurement applications, and Kroger Web applications.
- Experience in a Customer Service problem resolution role.
Education Level: Bachelor’s Desired
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
States: Tennessee; Indiana; Kentucky
Keywords: Logistics/Supply Chain
Jobs at Kroger Logistics: Kroger Logistics is a best-in-class supply chain team that services our more than 2,500 grocery and convenience stores that stretch coast-to-coast across the U.S., including Alaska. We are comprised of more than 30 distribution centers, regional freight centers, transportation and office locations. In Kroger Logistics, we offer career opportunities in Safety, Professional Driving, Warehouse Operations, International Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain and Human Resources. If you are looking for an ever-changing, fast-paced environment focused on supporting our Customer 1St Strategy, we welcome your online application.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: TN || Nashville || 2620 Elm Hill Pike || 37214 || Kroger Logistics || None || Logistics/Supply Chain || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
Location: Nashville, TN
Job date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 05:17:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!