Job Vacancy TRANSPORTATION FLEET ANALYST Chugach Government Solutions
Job title: TRANSPORTATION FLEET ANALYST
Company: Chugach Government Solutions
Job description: Job Description:
When you work at Chugach Government Solutions (CGS), you join a proud legacy of supporting missions while sustaining culture.
The federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation, CGS has been supporting critical missions as a government contractor for over 25 years. Our focus is to support facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction and education. We are proud to have built, and continue to foster, an incredibly talented team spanning across the globe in hundreds of different fields – each team member proud to serve our country with first-class business services, while also making a difference for our Chugach shareholders.
At CGS, empowering employees is a part of our core, and that focus is one of the ways we build and foster high-performing teams. We empower our employees through competitive compensation and benefits package, professional growth opportunities, truthful communication, and more!
If you are looking for an opportunity to serve something bigger than yourself; if you want your day job to be one that creates meaningful value; if you are looking for an environment that highly values employees and respects individual differences – then Chugach Government Solutions may be the right fit for you!
This exempt position is located at the NASA/White Sands Test Facility in Las Cruces NM. We offer a competitive wage, leave/health benefits, and 401K. We are looking to hire the right person in the right place! Consider joining our team.
The Transportation/Fleet Analyst will serve as the transportation technical support point of contact (POC) to the White Sands Test facility (WSTF). The analyst will perform a variety of duties requiring an advanced understanding of the governing transportation/fleet systems, programs, policies, work methods, or other established guidelines.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Provides support to the logistics team for all shipments to include but not limited to:
- Weighing packages and labeling them appropriately.
- Inspecting packages to ensure they are not damaged.
- Inspecting shipping containers to ensure they meet shipping regulations.
- Assembling daily orders by shipping location or any other shipping categories.
- Tracking shipments for billing of products being shipped.
- Performs independent, non-routine assignments such as support of internal and external audits and closure of findings, and general oversight of transportation shipments.
- Provides support in the development and revision of support schedules compatible with the company and the customer’s priorities.
- May work on special assignments, coordinates actions to correct problems, and updates procedures as needed to ensure compliance.
- Collects and analyzes data regarding issues with shipment utilizing the business systems and prepare detailed management reports on the subject.
- Create, measure and track Logistics performance metrics in a format presentable to senior Management to include providing data and the creation of department DRD’s.
- Responsible for Maximo “fleet version” with activities such as:
- Support NASA customers by reviewing and approving or denying Agency Incurred Expenses.
- Activating new replacement/addition vehicles into the database.
- Serves as a liaison between GSA and WSTF for all GSA and NASA owned vehicle maintenance such as:
- Weekly support to multiple facilities located on and around WSTF with a contractor mechanic for preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance.
- Coordinate with off-site vendors for windshield repairs/replacements, safety recalls, and accident/incident damage estimates to include set up for repairs.
- Responsible for receiving and termination of vehicles such as:
- Receive from vendor/transportation company.
- Prep vehicle with a mechanic; advise the department of swap/termination.
- Input into all the databases and ensure the vehicle is equipped with proper insurance cards/registration.
- Process vehicle turn-ins from the department and sent in paperwork for Auto Auction Association for vehicle pick up for sale.
- Responsible for coordinating with management to provide information for vehicle insurance where applicable.
- Performs related duties assigned.
- Position requires a minimum of two (2) years of college in Business Administration, Logistics Management or related field plus two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in transportation and/or fleet management or any equivalent combination of education/experience for a total of four (4) years of direct experience.
- Use of MS Office Tools; Excel and Word at an intermediate to advance proficiency level.
- Requiring good analytical capability.
- Ability to pass pre-hire background and drug screen.
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required level clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Valid state driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
It is CGS, LLC business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Chugach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, disability, genetic factors, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Job date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 08:26:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!