Job Vacancy Transportation Dispatcher Lactalis
Job title: Transportation Dispatcher
Job description: Description:
From your PASSION to ours
The Dispatcher is responsible for managing and coordinating all aspects of planned domestic and exporting shipment. They are expected to work collaboratively with all cross-functional staff to assure the transportation plan is achieved.
From your EXPERTISE to ours
Key responsibilities for this position include:
· Coordinate with others to ensure all functions of Transportation Operations are successfully performed to achieve the transportation plan.
· Coordinates activities with Lactalis’ carriers to ensure that on-time performance is achieved.
· Become subject matter expert for all consignee within their assigned responsibilities. This includes location detail, receiving hours, general ordering patterns and other pertinent information necessary to provide an excellent level of customer service.
· Communicate on an on-going basis with customers and Customer Service on a variety of issues including appointments, service exceptions or any other areas of concern.
· Manage delivery services ensuring maximum equipment utilization by balancing order patterns, routing and customer service.
· Use judgement and has authority to negotiate financial commitments with carriers, lumpers, and regional warehouses.
· Maintain effective working relationship with carriers, ensuring proper communication and data maintenance of service, quality, and cost items between Lactalis and the carrier.
· Relies on own discretion in resolving grievances with carriers during the freight movement.
· Manage deliveries ensuring that the company obtains the most efficient routing and freight rates after comparing and evaluating possible options and making a decision after the various possibilities have been considered.
· Able to perform duties of other dispatchers within the department to provide assistance and back-up as required.
· Manages delivery exceptions related to service and over/short/damaged, while freight is in-transit or at the time of delivery. Coordinates solutions to in-transit service failures between carriers, customers, Quality, Customer Service, and Sales.
· Maintains Transportation Management System (3Gtms) with required system transactions for all dispatch areas of responsibility.
· Dispatch Operations is staffed 7 days a week and will be scheduled accordingly.
· This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
· Travel and / or extended or off work hours may be required
· To fulfill these responsibilities, tools such as a computer, phone or, and / or allowance(s) may be provided.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these Essential Duties and Responsibilities. Requirements:
From your STORY to ours
Qualified applicants will contribute the following:
· High School diploma or equivalent required;
· Associates degree or higher preferred; or equivalent experience to include a minimum of five (5) years job related experience
· 2+ years experience in Transportation & Logistics preferred.
· OR 2+ years experience Warehousing and Distribution.
· TMS Software
· Freight tracking apps: Macropoint, FourKites, Project44, TruckerTools
· DOT Hours of Service Regulation
· US Geography
· Transportation Market Conditions
Skills / Abilities
· Strong communication abilities, written and verbal.
· Demonstrated effectiveness in maintaining good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Attention to detail and thoroughness related to work processes.
· Knowledge of computer software, specifically Microsoft Office applications.
Location: Buffalo, NY
Job date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 05:17:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!