Job Vacancy Transportation Coordinator School Specialty
Job title: Transportation Coordinator
Company: School Specialty
Job description: People Passion Purpose
Everything School Specialty offers is designed for one purpose – to help students succeed. We believe every student can flourish in an environment where they feel safe and inspired to explore and grow.
We’re determined to positively impact the future, one child at a time. We need to talk if you share our passion:
Transforming more than classrooms.®
School Specialty offers Medical, Dental, & Vision plans (Effective Day 1), Wellness programs, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401 (k), PTO, Promise Hours dedicated to volunteering, Education Reimbursement, Paid Holidays, Fall & Winter Flexible Hours, Employee Discounts and much more!
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage shipping volume for School Specialty. To be key point of contact on all transportation related subjects that allow for quick identification of isseus and areas of improvement. The coordinator will also play an active role as a transportation support contact to various School Specialty functional areas and vendors.
The base salary range for this role is $36K-$50K Annually
Summary of Primary Responsibilities
- Coordinate shipments from vendors to customers, vendors to fulfillment centers and fulfillment centers to customers
- Work with contracted carriers and internal customers coordinating disposition on shipments
- Understand claims process, help internal customers with claims disposition and file claims timely
- Use critical thinking skills to evaluate transportation options that meet customer requirements while keeping costs down
- Train seasonal employees on job duties that they will be performing
- Effectively communicate with all areas of company, including customer care, accounts payable, sales, and procurement
- Proactively manage shipments from pick up to delivery
- Troubleshoot transportation problems and resolve to completion
- Communicate accurate shipment specifications to carriers correct tucking services are provided to meet customer delivery expectations.
- Process freight invoices with correct GL codes and ensure timely payment
- Learn TMS system and seek opportunities to advance skills to benefit transportation department
- Identify non-compliant vendors and provide timely information and training to facilitate their use of TMS
- Assist others in transportation team with other duties when situation arises
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience in transportation or logistics function
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (preferably business /supply chain focus) or equivalent
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Strong understanding of US domestic transportation and logistics
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook. MS Access experience a plus.
- Understands and adapts to know technology quickly and efficiently
- Critical thinking and problem solving ability: synthesize findings from analysis and draw conclusions
- Effective at performing detail oriented tasks and data analysis
- Abel to identify, manage, and lead transportation improvement projects.
- Comfortable communicating at various levels of company and across functions
- Proactive and inquisitive, takes initiative
- Confident and self motivated
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- School Specialty, LLC. is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants are subject to a drug screen and background check as a condition of employment.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job Grade: 8
Location: Greenville, WI
Job date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 00:59:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!