Job Vacancy Transportation Coordinator Goodwill Industries
Job title: Transportation Coordinator
Company: Goodwill Industries
Job description: About Us
Are you looking for meaningful work and want to make a difference? Joining the Goodwill team could be a great fit for you! At Goodwill we live and breathe our Core Values of Creativity, Credibility, and Collaboration. We are a mission-integrated organization that is funded by resalable goods. Last year alone, we were able to keep 10 million pounds of donated goods from hitting our landfills. Through the reselling of donated items, we can provide job readiness training and employment opportunities to individuals with disabilities and barriers to employment.
POSITION SUMMARY: Coordinates the transportation responsibilities of an assigned region. Provides onsite and in field supervision of assigned team and equipment. Completes administrative tasks for assigned region/location.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
- Coordinates all transportation movement in the morning at the Otay facility, working collaboratively with Dispatch to establish daily needs. Communicates to the Otay Transportation team morning assignments and directions.
- Works collaboratively with the Otay management team to service the facility’s needs.
- In collaboration with Dispatch, coordinates the daily operation of the tractor and roll-off routes. Identifies and communicates priorities to these teams..
- Accurately completes payroll (to include meal forms and green sheets) for their assigned region in a timely manner. Controls and monitors overtime usage for their assigned region.
- Assists with resolving all customer service concerns, if unable to resolve, forwards them to the Transportation Manager. Notifies the Transportation Manager of all concerns.
- Accurately completes and / or ensures the completion of all assigned administrative tasks in a timely manner. To include but not limited to: monthly onsite and in field vehicle inspections, weekly route audits, 5 Minute Goal Setting Conversations, Annual Evaluations, updates and maintains all assigned employee files.
- Handles staff accountability as needed with the knowledge and supervision of the Transportation Manager seeking guidance from the Human Resources team as necessary.
- Ensures that all equipment and maintenance needs are addressed and completed in a timely manner. This includes ensuring all assigned trucks are stocked with all necessary safety equipment and all vehicle maintenance and / or repair issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- In the absence of the Transportation Manager, handles any vehicle break downs and / or vehicle accidents that occur in their assigned region.
- Ensures the department makes every effort to meet the needs of the organization. Routinely assesses the needs of their assigned sites and works together with the Transportation Manager and Dispatchers to ensure these needs are met.
- Assists in setting schedules and routing assignments with the direction of the Transportation Manager. Complies with and ensures that all assigned staff comply with all guidelines set forth in the Truck Driver and Truck Helper Training Manual. Ensures that all staff are trained according to department and organizational guidelines and that all mandatory organizational trainings are completed in a timely manner.
- Assists in the interviewing process for the region.
- Promotes safety in the workplace at all times and enforces all safety rules and regulations.
- Safeguards all company property, including donated goods from damage or theft. Treats all company property and donations with respect and care.
- Performs all tasks of subordinates as necessary.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned or directed.
- Complies and ensures employees comply with the guidelines set forth in the Truck Driver/Truck Helper Training Manual.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Education: Associates Degree (Two year college or technical school) preferred.
Experience: Two to four years related experience. Supervisory experience preferred
Computer Skills: Must have proficient basic skills in the following; Email, MS Word, and MS Excel.
Certificates & Licenses: Valid California Driver’s License with driving record acceptable to Goodwill’s insurance company’s standards.
Other Requirements: Experience operating a bobtail truck preferred. Logistics background preferred.
Location: Escondido, CA
Job date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 07:21:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!