Job Vacancy Transportation Controller- Logistics Coty
Job title: Transportation Controller- Logistics
Job description: TRANSPORTATION CONTROLLER (FIN MGR) – SUPPLY FINANCE (Logistics)
FINANCE – SANFORD, N. CAROLINA
We are looking for a Transportation Controller to support the goals of the Supply Chain Finance organization, and to help drive financial savings for the area of Transportation as applicable. This position serves as one of the key liaisons between Logistics Operations Managers/Directors, Logistics finance directors and global teams, and Accounting/Corporate Finance.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Driving overall cost optimization and efficiency with transportation co pilot
- Managing and monitoring transportation costs and determining accrual expenses as needed at month end.
- Preparing the Monthly Operations Report’s for Total America Transportation, Key Freight statistics, allocations, results analysis, and ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Developing / maintaining tools to provide better visibility into transportation cost / activities in conjunction with operational leaders.
- Reviewing and approving other monthly journal entries, as needed.
- Analyzing cost variance to prepare action plan for future risks/opportunities.
- Striving for continuous improvement in month-end reporting capabilities.
- Refining or developing cost models to support monthly reporting.
- Building challenging but achievable financial forecasts and continuously improving our forecast accuracy by focusing on true cost drivers.
- Developing and/or maintaining cost trackers including PO support creation for sites.
- Managing and developing a financial analyst as they support the function with monthly journal entries, reporting, tracking, and analysis.
- Supporting SOX controls and all audit requests.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
We’d love to see candidates who have:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Accounting, or related field required, master’s degree a plus
- Minimum of 5-7 years of financial analysis or Accounting experience, 3 years financial management
- Experience with ERP Systems required, preferably SAP, Power BI
- Budget and forecast management knowledge
- Knowledge of Logistics business model / Warehouse Operations
- Challenges the status quo, identifies new opportunities and delivers innovative solutions
- Prior experience with Cost to Serve projects can be beneficial.
- Ability to show strong attention to detail, work independently and organize work efficiently
- Strong understanding of financial principals related to the P&L and Balance Sheets
- Strong knowledge of all financial processes related to the general ledger finance system.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands, anticipate work needs and take initiative to follow through with clients and others with minimum direction.
- Excellent computer skills, including a working knowledge of MS Office Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
- Strong problem-solving capabilities, able to deal with ambiguity, understand the linkages and drive solutions, demonstrating creative thinking and good business judgement.
- Ability to automate reporting & analysis through all tools available, SAP, BPC, Excel, Power BI or others.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders and build strong business relationships through strong communication, networking, and negotiation skills across various levels of the organization.
- Self-starter able to work independently and able to prioritize tasks & workload with excellent attention to detail, results orientated.
WHAT WE OFFER
This is unique role with a genuine opportunity to make an impact. You’ll get to work in a diverse environment with a team of professionals who are passionate about the work they do and know how to have some fun along the way.
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you’re the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible – we’d love to hear from you.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Coty complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact . We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities, experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Location: Sanford, NC
Job date: Wed, 06 Dec 2023 23:00:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!