Job Vacancy Transportation Compliance Coordinator – Houston, TX Certarus
Job title: Transportation Compliance Coordinator – Houston, TX
Job description: Certarus is the North American leader in providing low carbon energy solutions through a fully integrated compressed natural gas (CNG), renewable natural gas (RNG), and hydrogen platform. The company safely delivers clean-burning fuels to remote communities and industrial customers not connected to a pipeline.
By displacing more carbon-intensive fuels, Certarus is leading the energy transition and helping customers lower operating costs and improve environmental performance. With the largest fleet of specialty trailers in the world, the company is uniquely positioned to meet the growing demand for low and zero-emission fuel distribution.
Summary: Transportation Compliance Coordinators are responsible for supporting all transportation compliance functions across our Canadian and US trucking operations. This position will report directly to the Lead Transportation Compliance Coordinator.
- The schedule follows normal business hours with extra work hours when required.
- Some travel field and corporate offices across North America will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly monitor and audit driver Hours of Service compliance using electronic logbook software.
- Regularly monitor Certarus In-Vehicle Monitoring Systems and generate reports and driver score cards to promote safe driving behavior.
- Create and maintain verified Hazmat/TDG routes into Certarus’ Navigational system.
- Manage all driver score card disputes and quarterly rewards.
- Liaise directly with Certarus Regional Managers and field personnel to maintain two-way communication and provide coaching on transportation safety and compliance matters.
- Assist hiring managers with driver onboarding, documentation, and recordkeeping.
- Help coordinate Certarus fleet permits & licensing with Certarus Permits Coordinator.
- Track and report Safety Fitness/Safety Measurement System performance.
- Maintain all CVSE/DOT inspection & violation records.
- Complete driver Abstract/MVR checks and maintain all driver qualification files.
- Assist in data collection for incident investigations.
- Influence adherence to company policies and regulations governing Certarus operations.
- Advise management of compliance concerns.
- Serve as a supporting member of the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
- 3-5 years in a transportation compliance role for a carrier(s) with Canadian and US operations.
- A bachelor’s degree is an asset; Transportation, Logistics or Supply Chain education preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Canadian and US trucking regulations including Driver Hours of Service, Vehicle Maintenance and Inspections, Transportation of Dangerous Goods/Hazmat, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and go-getter attitude.
- Positive attitude and willingness to take on new challenges.
- Self-starter capable of working under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS 365 with an aptitude to learn new software quickly.
Certarus embraces diversity and equal opportunity in the way it impacts our continuous business success. As a Core Value of our Winning Team, we believe in surrounding ourselves with passionate and talented people, and consider all experiences, backgrounds, qualifications, and merits to create stronger teams with a diverse and inclusive culture. Certarus is and will remain an equal opportunity employer.
Certarus offers a competitive compensation package, including benefits and retirement plans. Above all, we offer unlimited career advancement opportunities with a dynamic, rapidly growing organization.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 04:31:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!