Job Vacancy Transportation Claims Manager Cargomatic
Job title: Transportation Claims Manager
Job description: Cargomatic is committed to making the lives of truckers and shippers easier. Our goal is to let truckers be truckers and shippers be shippers by simplifying the process for all of our customers and vendors. Cargomatic’s digital marketplace connects freight with drivers every step of the way, from port to warehouse, store to customer, and every step in between. With shorthaul, drayage, intermodal, LTL, and white glove solutions, Cargomatic is equipped to handle a wide variety of shipments.
Cargomatic is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Transportation Claims Manager to join our legal department. This role will play a crucial role in identifying and addressing cargo claims, property damage, equipment claims, and opportunities for risk management. Reporting to the Legal Operations Manager, the Transportation Claims Manager will be responsible for proactively managing the resolution of Cargomatic’s claims including all critical communications, notices, and settlements.
This role will work closely with the legal team to initiate appropriate actions, such as equipment retrieval or payment demands. They will be expected to be highly independent, forward-moving, and solution-focused, understanding industry nuances and reducing costs.
- Independently process, monitor, and facilitate cargo, equipment, and property damage claims.
- Use, develop, and keep organized a claims management system.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure timely and effective claim processing and resolution.
- Conduct regular audits and reviews to proactively identify potential risks, reduce costs, close out claims, and assess areas for improvement.
- Liaise with the legal department to flag cases of improper equipment use for quick action.
- Prepare and manage correspondences, demands, and releases with customers and carrier partners relating to claims.
- Prepare and improve internal forms and documentation relating to claims management.
- Maintain accurate documentation and records of all claims and actions taken.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to streamline the claims management workflow.
- Ensure timely response times and manage any critical response workflows and situations.
- Assist the legal department, carrier success, and operations teams as may be needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as business administration or legal studies.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in claims management or insurance adjustment, preferably in the transportation or logistics industry.
- Strong knowledge of cargo and property claims practices and protocols.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to identify discrepancies or irregularities.
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and communicate issues to appropriate stakeholders.
- Ability to independently manage processes, suggest solutions, and make improvements with minimal supervision.
- Analytical mindset and problem-solving abilities to efficiently address and resolve claims.
- Familiarity with law and processes related to equipment retrieval and payment demands is advantageous.
- Proficient in using claims management software and tools. (Experience with My Ez Claim is a plus).
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- The Transportation Claims Manager will work closely with the Chief Legal Officers and other legal team members to address improper use cases and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Promptly flag discrepancies to prevent loss, damage, or extended unavailability.
- Ensure effective coordination with operations and carrier teams for timely resolution of flagged issues.
- Collaborate with the legal team to initiate necessary actions, such as issuing notices or demands, to address improper use of equipment.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks are critical for success in this role.
Cargomatic was named to the list of Built In Best Places to Work for 2023, which recognizes the benefits we offer, our people first culture and commitment to supporting our employees’ success, growth and well-being.
To learn more about how we use your data, .
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Savannah, GA
Job date: Sat, 09 Sep 2023 22:32:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!