Job Vacancy Transportation Capacity/Load Planner Foster Farms
Job title: Transportation Capacity/Load Planner
Company: Foster Farms
Job description: Company Description
Foster Farms has been serving families since 1939. Since the founding days, Foster Farms has always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. Our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our valued TEAM Members will shine through in everything we do.
Foster Farms is always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms TEAM. We offer the experience of a large organization but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage TEAM Members to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
Pay Range: $27.00- $33.00 per hour.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position coordinates all processes and functions of load planning and freight movement using our TMS platform. Candidate must be self-motivated, have strong analytical and computer skills, strong attention to detail and be enthusiastic to work in a customer-centric environment.
- Process customer orders, plan & optimize shipments into loads, make loading and unloading appointments, tender freight to third-party carriers and internal fleet
- Update Transportation Management System with current shipment information.
- Provide detailed instruction to associates from other shifts by phone and e-mail
- Provide visibility to management and the customer by tracking, process over-sight, auditing, researching and troubleshooting operational issues or functions.
- Handle rate negotiations with carriers on a spot rate basis
- Identify cost savings opportunities
- Coordinates with carriers to ensure on-time delivery by tracking trucks for pick-up, estimating times of arrival and delivery, and recovering loads when necessary
- Provides load exception investigation and reporting
- Weighs alternative financial decisions before taking action
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Ability to provide effective planning to maximize service and financial performance
- Knowledge of national and regional geography and roadways
- Knowledge of DOT regulations including hours of services rules with ability to incorporate rules into daily shipment planning
- Ability to communicate with internal and external customers and business partners in a professional and respectful manner
- Provide detailed instruction to various personnel via email, phone and logistics business network.
- Ability to develop relations with fleet managers, management and internal / external business partners
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, SAP and transportation management systems a plus
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with Transportation Management Software
- Strong customer focus
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with customers as well as carriers and TEAM members
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook email.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Consistent and reliable attendance
- Ability to work in fast paced, high pressure situations
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new TEAM Members.
Expected salary: $27 – 33 per hour
Location: Livingston, CA
Job date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 22:29:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!