Job Vacancy Transportation Brokerage Branch Manager – Little Rock, AR Watco
Job title: Transportation Brokerage Branch Manager – Little Rock, AR
Job description: This position will have competitive salary with bonus opportunities.
The Branch Manager of Highway Logistics will be responsible for the sales and operations of Brokerage Services. It will be critical for this leader to develop a sales culture to drive growth. This position has broad responsibilities including hiring, training, and Profit and Loss responsibilities. The Branch Manager position represents a leadership role within the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING (OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED)
- Develop the operational, budgeting, and forecasting plans for the branch
- Determine verticals or niches to begin selling into for the branch
- Ensure a balanced investment approach between selling and operations
- Develop a Sales Culture in the Branch from top down.
- Develop or review detailed financial plans, profit and loss income statement and adherence to the EBITDA plan
- Work with other Watco operating units to develop joint approaches to customer development and growth
- Deliver cost effective solutions that always keeps the long-term interest of the customer as the priority
- Create a high-performance team atmosphere that fosters innovation, high productivity, and low turnover
- Set and monitor team performance to ensure annual goals and objectives are achieved
- Effectively supervise and manage direct reports by providing team leadership and motivation
- Evaluate and communicate team member performance levels through formal and informal procedures including regular leadership and management meetings, 1:1 meetings to provide leadership development, and a forum for communication to ensure coordination and collaboration in meeting individual and organization goals
- Ensure annual team member performance reviews are conducted in a timely and effective manner
- Evaluate performance of team members for compliance with established policies and objectives of the organization and contributions in attaining objectives
- Develop high functioning teams by focusing on service, team morale, teamwork, and a positive culture
- Ensure Watco Logistics operating procedures and protocol are adhered to
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- A 4-year college degree in a relevant field; or commensurate industry experience
- Transportation or supply chain related experience preferred
- Business development, personal training, sales knowledge, and highway service knowledge recommended
- Demonstrable business development, operations, and sales successes recommended
- Record of business acumen improving the financial results for business recommended
- Preferred experience managing a profit center
- Apply knowledge of organization, communication, conflict resolution, project, personal management, and time management skills
- Use basic computer skills – Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, 10 Key, and Data Entry
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions
- Ability to provide oral and written reports, business correspondence, and effective presentation of information to customers, team members, and managers
- Capable of working independently and making decisions with limited supervision
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Registry Monitoring Insurance Services (RMIS) skills preferred
- Transportation Management System (TMS) skills preferred
- Develop, supervise, provide team leadership, and motivation to the team
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment with extensive team member and supplier contact with frequent interruptions. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Sit, stand, walk, and reach with arms – Completion of paperwork, long consecutive hours of typing and using the computer
- Talk daily to customers, team members, vendors, etc.
- Ability to hear what the team members communicate
- The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location: Little Rock, AR
Job date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 05:56:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!