Job Vacancy Transportation Broker Allen Lund
Job title: Transportation Broker
Company: Allen Lund
Job description: Our Story
With $1,000 in his pocket, Allen Lund made the brave decision to start his own transportation brokerage company. It was 1976, when Allen Lund Company formally opened the first office in Los Angeles. Now, we have 38 offices and continue to grow!
We are always looking for exceptional people to join our fast paced, challenging, team-oriented work environment. Our culture fosters personal growth and commitment both in and out of the office. Our diverse workforce is key in delivering outstanding customer service and our commitment to our industry are main components of our unmatched reputation. We hold true the value of hiring, developing and retaining the best employees in the industry. Our management provides an open and innovative environment that promotes professional and personal growth. This is why one half of our employees have been with ALC for over 10 years!
Why we’re Awesome!!
- Inclusive company culture
- Training and Development
- Competitive Compensation
- Unparalleled Benefits & Wellness (we mean really good)!
- 401k with a generous match
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Transfer Opportunities
- Share in Company ownership
- Employee Recognition program
We are looking for Transportation Brokers to join our team! Transportation Brokers assist in managing incoming and outgoing shipping logistics for cargo transportation carriers and shipping companies. The ideal candidate would be responsible for performing daily “check calls” on loads in transit, handling customer related issues and inquiries, and originating the necessary documentation for freight bills. If this is you, or you like a challenge– let’s talk.
- Contact new customers
- Freight Brokerage and booking loads
- Be responsible for customer acquisitions
- Develop and increase profitable volume with existing and newly acquired shippers
- Build relationships with developing accounts
- Use strong relationships to understand customer’s business, better qualifying them to identify and
- solve the customer’s problems
- Contact and build relationships with carriers
- Increase capacity for specific projects and lanes
- Gain up-to-date personal knowledge of market freight rates in order to determine a “fair” price to pay trucks and charge shippers
- Offer rates established by Senior Transportation Brokers and management
- Negotiate as market demands
- Recommend solutions for customers to Senior Transportation Brokers and/or management
- Increase the overall capacity for the office and company
- Deliver exceptional customer service
- Uphold the company standard following the company principles of Customer, Company, Office
Skills and Experience
- College degree highly desired or equivalent experience
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic team player who excels in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience in Freight Brokerage/customer service
- Excellent and effective communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent work ethic
- Ability to quickly process information and make decisions
- Effective negotiation and problem-solving skills, and ability to handle conflict
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to multitask
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Join us in making a difference! Allen Lund Company is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Cordova, TN
Job date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 23:47:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!