Job Vacancy Transportation Anaylst Autocar
Job title: Transportation Anaylst
Job description: Description
Do you want to be our Transportation Manager?
Are you obsessed with customer focus and meeting the end user’s needs? Do you feel stifled by bureaucracy? Have an entrepreneurial drive? Do you refuse to let obstacles get in the way of achieving results?
At Autocar, we fight for the driver’s needs. We are disrupting the industry by putting the driver’s needs first. Every truck we make is custom-engineered, and custom-made, specifically for that customer-no mass production here. Because we engineer trucks differently, we deliver trucks faster than the competition, and they WORK. The truck has more up-time, is more comfortable for the driver, and is safer-40% fewer crashes with injury than the industry average.* For the life of the truck, we have around the clock support.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the end user. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done-and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile. It is not easy do things differently in this industry. But we do it-because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our trucks.
Ensure the safe operations of Autocar the inbound / outbound logistics operations while optimizing the Autocar inbound and outbound transportation network to balance cost and delivery objectives
- Evaluate the day to day inbound and outbound transportation network for all modes of transportation ensuring adequate communication exists regarding transportation within all parties.
- Manage the 3PL daily including carrier sourcing, communication, movement approvals, and cost objectives.
- Develop continuous improvement objectives throughout the network to achieve plan cost reduction objectives.
- Evaluate customs and brokerage operations to ensure Autocar is in compliance with all legal requirements globally.
- Establish metrics to track premium freight, spend by mode, cost reduction, carrier OTD, and TL utilization.
- Collaborate with team members to report operational and financial metrics.
- Assist with carrier invoicing and audit processes to resolve issues regarding payment and rates
- 3+ years in a transportation leadership role with experience managing total freight & customs spend in a complex corporation
- Use of Transportation Management system is required – Uber Freight/Transplace TMS is preferred
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with all levels across the organization and influence performance
- Sound decision-making skills
- Sense of urgency to achieve deadlines
- Forward planner with the ability to anticipate and plan for roadblocks
- Good multi-tasking abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong analytical background with demonstrated ability to analyze, explain, and draw logical conclusions from complex operational, financial, regulatory and/or business data
Where will you work? This role is located at Autocar headquarters in Birmingham, AL
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, 401K plan, etc.
4680 Pinson Valley Parkway, Birmingham, AL 35215 Office: 765.489.5499 Fax: 765.489.5230
Location: Birmingham, AL
Job date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 05:34:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!