Job Vacancy Transportation Analyst ofi
Job title: Transportation Analyst
Job description: Job Description
We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable, and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious, and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts, and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to the Transportation Manager, the Transportation Analyst will be responsible for transportation processes and systems for ofi NA America. This position will support the transportation team in the daily operation of systems and processes used for transportation activities. They will ensure the efficiency of transportation operations while creating and implementing changes and improvements as needed. In addition, this role will coordinate the data output and analytical capabilities to support transportation for ofi business units.
The successful candidate must simultaneously possess an extreme attention to detail and a strategic, big-picture view to ensure that all business is executed successfully. This person will work across all business units and logistics providers. The ability to work well with others and manage multiple competing demands and priorities will be required for success in this position.
- Act as the subject matter expert for transportation and the “go to” team member within the organization to support inquiries and ideas for improvement within transportation department.
- Track and trace all shipments daily, resolve client related issues with freight vendors and carriers.
- Proactively monitor and manage key performance indicators and execute root cause analysis based on carrier performance score card.
- Manage Request for Proposal (RFP) tracking per carrier bid and routing guide performance and compliance across network.
- Identify transportation initiatives that generate cost savings, cost avoidance and/or service improvements.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities, Threats (SWOT) Reports and communicate best practices and implementation.
- Collaborate with Sales, Service, Operations and Procurement teams to ensure optimized transportation execution.
- Use Transportation Management System (TMS) to route and optimize transportation services.
- Develop, analyze, and recommend opportunities for improvement that optimize transportation policies and processes around availability, transportation cost, and supply chain cost.
- Maintain responsibility for data analysis and reporting of transportation related activities, including monthly/quarterly BU reporting.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on operational and financial metrics.
- Conduct financial and variance analysis for expenses, services, and quality.
- Provide recommendations based on data analyses and research.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or related field is required.
- Five years (5) years of Transportation, Logistics or Distribution experience required.
- Previous experience with Tier One Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is preferred.
- Previous experience in implementation and operation of cloud-based Transportation Management Software (Oracle, MercuryGate, BluJay, etc.) is required.
- Must possess meticulous attention to detail and be able to problem solve and handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Ability to win the confidence of internal and external customers, suppliers, and business units is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, including but not limited to Excel, Outlook, and Word, is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively managing workload to meet deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of quality is required.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically throughout the year (Covid compliant) is required.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at:
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Location: Chicago, IL
Job date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 23:41:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!