Job Vacancy Transmission Planning Advisor [HYBRID] Southern California Edison
Job title: Transmission Planning Advisor [HYBRID]
Company: Southern California Edison
Job description: This base pay range is for a pay grade that encompasses this position and a variety of other positions at the company. The pay offered to the successful candidate may vary depending on the position and multiple individualized factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Represented IBEW Local 47
This pay range represents the rates of pay for step 1 to the maximum step for this position. The pay range and the specific pay for the successful candidate are determined in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement between Southern California Edison Company and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 47. Job Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Transmission Planning Advisor at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll serve as a lead on multiple projects that are highly technical, time critical, and engineering-sensitive. The successful candidate will direct the realignment of existing easements for third party relocations, while considering the legal and economic benefits of these decisions. As a Transmission Planning Advisor, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Provides design engineering, cost estimates, and project management activities for overhead and underground, transmission, sub- transmission, and distribution systems. Will manage these elements from project inception to project closing.
- Coordinates activities externally and internally as needed to ensure project compliance in regard to both external and or SCE standards, policies, rates, rules, as well as ensuring project operating dates and or compliance due dates are actively monitored and met.
- Communicates and interfaces on a regular and timely basis with customers, as well as internal SCE organizations, departments, and other groups with regards to assigned projects.
- Serves in the role of assigned project lead and acts in the role of the primary point of contact to Manager of Electrical Trans. Ops. and/or other organizations as called upon in regard to assigned SCE projects status.
- Reviews projects involving relocation of Transmission and Distribution facilities on rights-of-way and enforce adherence to operational standards.
- Acts as 24 hour “On Call” duty supervisor for the assigned work base.
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Five or more years of experience in transmission line work or as a Planner in substation, transmission, distribution, telecommunication, or generation.
- A valid Driver’s License.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or related field, or an equivalent amount of education, training, and experience.
- Field construction experience.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with transmission line construction, maintenance, methods, procedures, tools and materials.
- Broad knowledge of transmission rights-of-way practices and corporate/business line policies and practices, including safety and environmental rules and regulations and the IBEW contract.
- Advanced knowledge and experience utilizing engineering principles, construction standards, and industry practices.
- Experience determining scope of work, method of service, technical design requirements, and construction methods for overhead and underground facilities.
- Ability to serve as senior staff expert and provide leadership, direction, training, and mentoring to staff.
- Ability to accurately gather and analyze information and make strategic decisions regarding project scope, impact, policy, development, and implementation.
- Experience in Transmission and/or Distribution Construction supervision.
- Experience with Blue Print interpretation.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Auto Desk Utility Design (AUD), SPIDA (or other Pole Loading programs), Design Manager (DM), and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- Willing to work on-call for 24hour basis for the assigned work base.
You should know
- This position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our
page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, hiring process, and more! * Position will require up to 20% traveling and being out in the field throughout the SCE service territory.
- This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted position – Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing necessary job duties.
- This position has an option for a 9/80 Alternate Work Schedule or 40hrs/5 days a week.
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. Reference our
for the following tests: EEI TECH (Test #5107). Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don’t just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.
Expected salary: $116000 – 174000 per year
Location: Compton, CA
Job date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 06:44:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!