Job Vacancy Training Event Logistics Specialist Kiewit
Job title: Training Event Logistics Specialist
Job description: Requisition ID: 169369
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: DHO HR Operations
Department: Human Resources
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Full Time
We are adding an organized, detail oriented and resourceful individual to our team as a Logistics Specialist in our Talent Development department. In this role, you will report to a Training Program and Logistics Manager, and coordinate, plan and support execution of the Corporate Training Programs and other corporate events as assigned. Responsibilities include vendor selection/coordination, detailed planning and execution, with ownership in budgeting & cost management. If you like working in a fast-paced environment, juggling lots of tasks – this is a great opportunity for you to work with a dynamic team, working on exciting programs while continuing to grow your career!
HR Operations is an integral partner and service provider at Kiewit. In recent years, we have gone from decentralized HR groups to a unified, shared service team, with various HR Centers of Excellence. Our vision is to be a best-in-class international HR organization. Our Talent Development team is world class, supporting programs within Kiewit University, School Events, and
This position is based in our Omaha Headquarters/Kiewit University location in Omaha Nebraska. This is not a remote opportunity.
Planning & Execution:
- Partner with Talent Development leadership & School Advisors to provide high quality proactive planning for Corporate Training programs and other events as assigned, may include agenda creation/overall event logistics, venue selections, room setup coordination, transportation, meal / event order selection, and other related activities.
- Responsible for Talent Development’s Cvent tool application, including creating and maintaining event website details used by those attending Corporate Training sessions.
- Support Corporate Training programs by executing to the planned agenda, supporting learners and attendees, assisting with facilitator setup and other duties as applicable.
- Prepare printed or other materials as assigned.
- Provide onsite meeting support as assigned for other Corporate or Talent Development events.
- Communicate schedule and events with necessary vendors including on-site security staff, facilities and catering.
- Responsible for hotel vendor selection, performance and relationship.
- Submit hotel rooming lists, billing requirements and manage changes for Talent Development programs in Omaha and select regional events.
- Coordinate transportation for Talent Development programs.
- Set up and plan offsite meal events, team-building functions and other activities related to Talent Development programs.
- Assist in external consultant selection, communications and management as assigned.
- Maintain acceptable general survey results in all vendor related areas.
- Support other Kiewit University activities and events as assigned including occasional evening, weekend or regional events. Occasional domestic travel required.
- Work with Talent Development leadership and other team members to order necessary training materials and supplies in support of the facility and corporate training programs.
- Submit and track vendor invoices through accounting system.
- Reconcile department charges through Concur expense tool.
- Assist in budgeting, planning and accurately forecasting costs related to Corporate Training Programs.
- Meet or exceed budget unit costs through active management of program planning and execution.
- Exhibit frugality and care related to all company spending.
Meeting & Facility Support:
- Provide support to trainings, meetings and events as assigned at Kiewit University.
- Provide meeting name tags, transportation arrangements and materials for other meetings as needed.
- Maintain extreme housekeeping by identifying, labeling and documenting the location of necessary materials for each Corporate program within the specified storage spaces.
Record Management and Retention:
- Follow checklists and standards for execution support excellence of Talent Development programs.
- Document and follow opening, closing, planning and execution processes.
- Identify and propose solutions to optimize and streamline processes.
- High school diploma or GED required; some college or degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ work experience in hospitality services, event planning, training department, marketing, sales or vendor support, or other related field, where you are performing tasks similar to what is outlined above
- Proficient Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook) experience.
- Working knowledge of mobile devices, meeting technology and social media.
- Key competencies required: excellent communication skills (verbal and written), customer service orientation/skills, detail orientation, organizational skills and time management, ability to juggle/manage multiple tasks effectively
- Able to demonstrate the ability to thoroughly plan and execute the plan with adequate follow through
Prefer the following skills/experience:
- Working knowledge of a Learning Management System (LMS) such as Success Factors, SAP, iOracle or Learn.com.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint and event management tools as well as the ability to analyze data and report/present on that data
Training Event Logistics Planner, Event Logistics Planner, Event Operations Specialist, Event Coordinator, Event specialist, Logistics Coordinator, Logistics Specialist, Hotel Coordinator, Sales Event Coordinator, Sales Event Logistics Planner, Sales Event Planner,
- Regular, reliable attendance
- Work productively and meet deadlines timely
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
- Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
- Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
- May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Location: Omaha, NE
Job date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 04:01:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!