Job Vacancy Test and Evaluation Engineer II (Telecommunications) – Verizon Crown Consulting
Job title: Test and Evaluation Engineer II (Telecommunications) – Verizon
Company: Crown Consulting
Job description: Company Description
Crown Consulting, Inc. strives to connect people through driving aviation innovation and expanding aerospace and telecommunications infrastructure. We have been making a difference for our FAA and NASA customers for over 30 years, developing and supporting programs that allow the FAA to coordinate responses to natural disasters; plan use of airspace; simulate air traffic demand; develop methods and techniques to improve the efficient use of the National Airspace; and contribute to the safe and effective control of air traffic. Our work in air traffic and flight simulation has provided the FAA the tools that are used today to effectively manage constraints imposed by severe weather or closed runways.
We offer a competitive benefits package including matching 401K, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans. We have been voted one of the best places to work in the Washington, DC area. We have built this reputation by hiring great people who value and support the mission of our customers. Come experience the Crown difference.
Crown was voted as “One of the DC region’s Top Workplaces in 2021.”
Crown is seeking a Test and Evaluation Engineer II to support the Test & Evaluation team with Verizon. The candidate will be responsible for the implementation and testing of simultaneous complex virtualized applications supporting discreet functional domains in the FENS testbed. You will work alongside other T&E team members to plan and support FENS formal T&E at FAA T&E facilities (e.g., WJHTC, MMAC).
- Develop plans and procedures to test and verify assigned FENS VRTM requirements IAW with the Verizon FENS CMTP
- Conduct system design and configuration activities of servers, network devices, virtualized operating systems and applications, as required
- Install server hardware and software applications within the DT-G testbed, as required, to support T&E of FENS requirements in a realistic FENS/NAS operational environment
- Provide technical support and guidance to the DT Team including system integration, and FNTB/network CM
- Engage with vendors for application specific installation, configuration, and overall operations and management
- Maintain familiarity with emerging FENS capabilities and technologies
- Recognize, troubleshoot, diagnose, analyze, and resolve complex system and application problems
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidates must be able to obtain Public Trust.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other relevant fields is required
- Must have 6-10 years of relevant experience
- Able to plan and implement virtualized server environments, configure VMWare, Windows and Linux based operating systems, and install a wide variety of specialized hosted applications
- Knowledge of FAA T&E processes, troubleshooting methodologies; Ability to analyze operational scenarios and make recommendations on problem resolution
- Experience in developing, optimizing, and verifying server architectures
- Experience in developing scalable, high availability systems with disaster recovery
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Knowledge of database and SQL environments
- Problem solving skills – provide efficient and effective troubleshooting of technical issues
- Critical thinking skills – the ability to analyze situations and scenarios and to make important decisions
Visit: for additional information on our company.
Crown is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a government contractor, most of Crown’s positions require US Citizenship.
Persons unable to complete an online application should contact Crown HR for assistance at (703) 650-0663 ext. 4011.
Crown is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Location: Atlantic City, NJ
Job date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 22:31:44 GMT
Apply for the job now!