Job Vacancy Test and Evaluation Engineer I (Telecommunications) – Verizon Crown Consulting
Job title: Test and Evaluation Engineer I (Telecommunications) – Verizon
Company: Crown Consulting
Job description: Company Description
Crown Consulting, Inc. strives to connect people through driving aviation innovation and expanding aerospace and telecommunications infrastructure. We have been making a difference for our FAA and NASA customers for over 30 years, developing and supporting programs that allow the FAA to coordinate responses to natural disasters; plan use of airspace; simulate air traffic demand; develop methods and techniques to improve the efficient use of the National Airspace; and contribute to the safe and effective control of air traffic. Our work in air traffic and flight simulation has provided the FAA the tools that are used today to effectively manage constraints imposed by severe weather or closed runways.
We offer a competitive benefits package including matching 401K, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans. We have been voted one of the best places to work in the Washington, DC area. We have built this reputation by hiring great people who value and support the mission of our customers. Come experience the Crown difference.
Crown was voted as “One of the DC region’s Top Workplaces in 2021.”
Crown is seeking a Test and Evaluation Engineer I to support the Test & Evaluation team with Verizon.
This position supports work to plan, establish and conduct laboratory testing of telecommunications equipment, software and procedures as well as prepare supporting documentation. Experience with up-to-date telecommunications systems is required and FAA telecommunications systems is preferred but not required.
- Develops and accredits FENS T&E plans, procedures, and scenarios for DT-C and DT-G to test and verify FENS VRTM requirements in a realistic NAS environment. Executes T&E procedures using FAA approved and accredited test plans, procedures, NAS operational scenarios, and test tools
- Includes informal dry runs and formal RFRs to verify that FENS meets assigned test requirements through data collection and analysis of system data, as required
- Accredits system configurations, servers, network devices, virtualized operating systems and applications. Accreditation shall be maintained throughout T&E
- Install server hardware and software applications within the testbeds to support T&E of FENS requirements
- Provide T&E support throughout the DT-G test program, as required.
- Support Data Collection and Analysis of FENS and NAS data during T&E, as required
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidates must be able to obtain Public Trust.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other relevant fields is required
- Must have 1-5 years of relevant experience
- Able to implement virtualized server environments, configure VMWare, Windows and Linux based operating systems, and install a wide variety of specialized hosted applications
- Knowledge of FAA NAS T&E processes documented in the FAA FENS fTEMP and the FAA T&E Handbook
- Familiar with FAA NAS and Verizon Telecommunications T&E, troubleshooting techniques and methodologies, and the ablility to analyze operational NAS scenarios and performance for compliance
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Ability to analyze a process and provide improvement recommendations
- Knowledge of database and SQL environments
- Critical thinking skills
Visit: for additional information on our company.
Crown is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a government contractor, most of Crown’s positions require US Citizenship.
Persons unable to complete an online application should contact Crown HR for assistance at (703) 650-0663 ext. 4011.
Crown is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Location: Atlantic City, NJ
Job date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 06:32:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!