Job Vacancy Telecommunications Technician – Seattle, WA Lumen Technologies
Job title: Telecommunications Technician – Seattle, WA
Company: Lumen Technologies
Job description: About Lumen
Lumen is a global technology leader digitally connecting people, data and applications – quickly, securely, and effortlessly. We are a passionate group of people working together to build a culture and company from the people up – committed to teamwork, trust, and transparency. Because people power progress, we’re looking for top-tier talent and are invested in providing the flexibility you need to thrive and do your best work. Join us on our mission to connect the world and let’s shape the future together.
Position is responsible for interacting with Lumen customers professionally and courteously, remotely or in person to review and discuss service order requirements. Persons in this position will be expected to: evaluate customers’ service needs in addition to recognizing and suggesting additional/alternative services as appropriate. Position is responsible for installing, repairing, and testing residential and small business telecommunication services and broadband products and services. These responsibilities include enabling wireless/wired networks on company-approved modems/routers, connecting wires and cables to terminals, and attaching/detaching various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings, poles and inside facilities from the cross-connect or serving terminal up to and inside the customer’s home.
This position is eligible for up to $4,000 bonus based on the following: $1,500 sign-on bonus, $1,250 bonus after 3 months from start date, $1,250 bonus after 9 months from start date. Wage step increases will also be received 6 months from start date and 12 months from start date.
Posting 7/24 – 8/3/2023
The Main Responsibilities
Major Responsibilities of the Position:
- Install, maintain/repair, remove, rearrange, program, test and troubleshoot residential/small business products and services, including but not limited to POTS, HSI, Networking and fiber from the cross-connect or serving terminal into the customer’s premise.
- Set up, reconfigure, maintain, and troubleshoot customer’s wireless/wired home network, including but not limited to: wireless modems; LAN peripherals such as Wii; printers; IPTV; other wired and wireless communication devices linked into the home network.
- Complete various splicing connections on new and existing cable, fiber, wire and connects wires and cables to terminals and attach/detach various kinds of hardware to wires and cables. This includes cabling various electronic components (e.g., routers, computers, TVs, stereo systems and home entertainment systems) and installing/maintaining/repairing inside wiring and jacks.
- Utilizes hand tools, power tools and specialty tools, including test equipment (i.e., VFL, ONX, OTDR) and/or laptop computer to install or repair and confirm product/service functioning properly, to troubleshoot and take appropriate action, and/or to coordinate repair and service issues with the applicable test center or other designated employees.
- Read and interpret customer service orders, repair tickets, technical (i.e., mechanical, electrical, digital) drawings, maps, blueprints, diagrams, etc., and perform specified work.
- Receive service orders and repair tickets from supervisor or other designated employees and performs specified work.
- Complete designated amount of work in a specified timeframe with a high degree of quality, adjusting work assignments or schedules to meet changing work-related priorities or demands.
- Interact with customers professionally and courteously via telephone and on the premises. Review and discuss service order requirements with customers, evaluating customers’ needs in addition to recognizing and suggesting additional/alternative services as appropriate.
- Confirm/update trouble reported or services ordered, review billing information, respond to questions on features/usages/applications/capabilities of equipment and services, review systems configuration. Test equipment, lines and services to verify proper installation and/or repair.
- Identify/explore additional revenue generation opportunities.
- Work well with others to achieve common goals and to foster a cooperative climate, as well as works independently in the field with little supervision.
- Uses laptop for various purposes, including but not limited to: checking email, reviewing ticket or circuit information, running test routines.
- Work with telecom color-coded wires and cables. Work with basic electricity, as it relates to telecommunications.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Must work varying shifts and hours including possible mandatory overtime, weekends and holidays.
- May be assigned to work out of town for varying lengths of time.
- Requires a valid state driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
- May climb and work at elevations (e.g., from ladders, poles) exceeding 18 feet.
- When working aloft with ladders or other equipment with weight-capacity ratings, employees must adhere to the Company safety policy and equipment weight requirements.
- May work in confined spaces (e.g., attics, crawl spaces).
- May perform strenuous physical activities including, but not limited to lifting objects weighing over 75 pounds.
- May perform job activities outdoors in different weather conditions (e.g., extreme cold and/or heat, inclement weather).
- High school diploma
- 0 to 2 years of experience
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 329779
If you are selected for a position, there will be a background screen, which may include checks for criminal records and/or motor vehicle reports and/or drug screening, depending on the position requirements. For more information on these checks, please refer to the Post Offer section of our . Job-related concerns identified during the background screening may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Equal Employment Opportunities
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The job responsibilities described above indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to include a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities for this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on evolving business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information We’re able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Location: Seattle, WA
Job date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 22:15:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!