Job Vacancy Telecommunications Technician Muckleshoot Casino
Job title: Telecommunications Technician
Company: Muckleshoot Casino
Job description: Description :
WE’RE DOUBLING DOWN ON YOUR FUTURE
- Competitive salary of $27.88/hr. with discretionary performance bonuses 2x a year!
- Fully paid medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage for you and competitive premiums for your dependents.
- Complimentary meals and covered team member parking.
- Employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, and accidental death and dismemberment coverage. Flexible Spending Account options for health care expenses.
- Company-paid gaming licenses (Class A & Class B)
- Variety of additional voluntary benefits and retirement plans.
GET TO KNOW THE ROLE
The Telecommunications Technician’s role is to install, support, and maintain in-house voice, data, and video equipment. This includes configuring, diagnosing, repairing, upgrading, and optimizing all telephone systems and services, voicemail and PBX communication systems, and video conferencing environments. The person will also analyze and resolve telecommunications circuit issues in a timely and accurate fashion and assist all user needs.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Exemplify MCR’s values and set a great example by consistently demonstrating excellent guest service and professionalism.
- Practice, support and promote the Mission, Vision, and Values of Muckleshoot Casino Resort (MCR).
- Liaise with and provide training and support to end users and staff on equipment operation and other issues.
- Conduct testing and development disaster recovery plans to detect faults, minimize malfunctions, and back up systems.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future telecommunications hardware needs.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining policies, procedures, and training plans for the telecommunication system’s appropriate use.
- Where necessary, liaise with equipment vendors during installations, acquisition negotiations, and hardware performance issues.
- Maintain a current knowledge of emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of telecommunications equipment procurement and development efforts.
- Install and support telecommunications infrastructure and its associated software, including PBXs, call management systems, voice mail, interactive voice response, and video conferencing systems.
- Configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user telecommunications hardware, telephony devices, and voice/data hardware products.
- Receive, prioritize, and respond to incoming calls and/or e-mails regarding equipment and/or connectivity problems.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex telecommunications problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions.
- Accurately document instances of software or hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal, and other work requests.
- Inspect, test, and maintain telephone lines, circuits, trunks, and associated wiring and cabling.
- Generate telecommunications usage and inventory reports as required.
- Monitor and identify capacity and performance issues for telecommunications traffic to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of telecommunications systems.
- Modify and/or rearrange telecommunications systems to accommodate additional services or changes.
- Create, maintain, and facilitate a positive and safe work environment; promote positive team member relations and report issues to appropriate personnel.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Class III A gaming license.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of telecommunications or computer science and/or 1-year equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting telecommunication equipment and network devices.
- Familiarity with diagnostic tools, testing equipment, and software used in telecommunications.
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral communication skills, and proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Ability to conduct research into telecommunications issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
HOW YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of PBX, voice mail, interactive voice services, call management systems, and telecommunications accounting systems, including Mitel and Microsoft Teams.
- Knowledge of the installation, implementation, and maintenance of telecommunications equipment, video teleconferencing equipment, and voice/data equipment, including Mitel and Microsoft Teams.
- Knowledge of current telecommunications practices, protocols, and principles.
- Experience designing, installing, and troubleshooting cabling and wiring systems.
- Knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards, including SIP, VOIP, PSTN, & Microsoft Windows.
- Ability to operate tools, components, peripherals, and testing accessories.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Adept at reading and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Availability – Ability to work different shifts, holidays, weekends, and nights to support a 24/7 operation.
- Physical – Ability to maneuver in all areas of the casino, ascent/descent from stairs, frequent standing, walking, sitting, reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching, and/or prolonged periods of time focusing on tasks. Ability to lift at least 25 lbs. May regularly need to lift/ move, push or pull up material or boxes necessary to the job function, with or without assistance.
- Environment – Exposure to environmental tobacco smoke (ETS) while working and traversing on the gaming floor.
Expected salary: $27.88 per hour
Location: Auburn, WA
Job date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 23:48:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!