Job Vacancy Telecommunications Technician IV – TS/SCI /w Poly General Dynamics
Job title: Telecommunications Technician IV – TS/SCI /w Poly
Company: General Dynamics
Job description: Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Public Trust/Other Required:
Job Family: Telecommunications
Skills: Communication, Problem Solving, Telecommunications
Certifications: CompTIA – Security+ – CompTIA
Experience: 3 + years of related experience
US Citizenship Required: Yes
Telecommunications Technician III
IT Facing Service Desk (IFSD) provides 24/7 mission and infrastructure monitoring, notification, administrative support, logging, ticketing and reporting for supported systems
Transform technology into opportunity as a Telecommunications Technician III with GDIT. A career in enterprise IT means connecting and enhancing the systems that matter most. At GDIT you’ll be at the forefront of innovation and play a meaningful part in improving how agencies operate.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Telecommunications Technician III you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Telecommunications Technician III joining our team to provide 24/7 mission and infrastructure monitoring, notification, administrative support, logging, ticketing and reporting for supported systems. Specifically, ISP provided and GW GES tools, databases, displays, logs, Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents and Knowledge Base (KB) articles are used to identify and validate event data, take SOP/KB specified administrative action, provide ticket based event tracking, and to provide timely notification and routing of issues to support teams as required. The IFSD also coordinates with both ISP and GW GES watch staff for situational awareness and support actions, and with customers and support personnel to provide notification and response to event activity. In addition, IFSD personnel perform router and switch updates in support of security actions.
HOW A TELECOMMUNICATIONS TECHNICIAN III WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
● Performs installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems.
● Provide 24/7 mission and infrastructure monitoring, notification, administrative support, logging, ticketing and reporting for supported systems
● Coordinates with both ISP and GW GES watch staff for situational awareness and support actions, and with customers and support personnel to provide notification and response to event activity
● IFSD personnel perform router and switch updates in support of security actions.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Education: Associates of Arts/Associates of Science
● Required Technical Skills: Security+ (IAT Level 2) or higher
● Security Clearance Level: Active TS/SCI w/poly
● Required Skills and Abilities: communication, problem solving, etc.
● Location: On-site
● US Citizenship Required
Shift: MID shift (2200 to 0600) and must include 2200 Saturday through 0600 Sunday. The remaining days can be before or after this shift and can be 8 or 10 hour shifts.
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Travel Required: Less than 10%
Telecommuting Options: Onsite
Work Location: USA MD Annapolis Junction
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
Job date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 01:08:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!