Job Vacancy Telecommunications Specialist Koniag Government Services
Job title: Telecommunications Specialist
Company: Koniag Government Services
Job description: KTS
Job ID 2375071
Koniag Technology Systems, LLC a Koniag Government Services Company, is looking for a highly qualified, experienced, and self-motivated individual to perform the duties of a Telecommunications Specialist. The Telecommunications Specialist will support KTS and our government customer at the FBI Terrorist Screening Center in Vienna, VA. This position requires a Top-Secret clearance with SCI eligibility. Please do not apply if you do not possess that level clearance currently.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Must have operational and maintenance experience with the Nortel/Avaya CS1000 PBX, Avaya VoIP, AACM Call Center system, Call Pilot Voicemail, and call recording systems.
- Shall have the ability to correct malfunctions by testing, analyzing, and restoring telecommunication systems to full capacity.
- Shall have the knowledge of Avaya telephone hardware and software.
- Shall have the knowledge of Polycom and Microsoft Lync VTC hardware and software.
- Shall be able to train end users in the proper use of telecommunication equipment, including but not limited to Avaya telephones, Polycom VTC equipment, and Microsoft Lync.
- Shall be familiar with basic IP network administration.
Work Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Access to unclassified, secret, TS, and TS/SCI systems and information required for the performance of duties.
- Answer telephone related phone calls, emails, tickets, and in-person requests communicated and tracked through unclassified, secret, and TS communications and tracking systems.
- Coordinate and follow up with other Facilities Office personnel, other TSC units, and outside vendors to successfully complete task requirements.
- Accurate and timely documentation of daily work, tasks, and requests in unclassified, secret, and TS communications and tracking systems.
- Access and operate unclassified, secret, TS, and TS/SCI telecommunications systems. As a result, the contractor will require SCI clearance in order to perform duties.
- Perform all required routine operation and maintenance tasks on TSC’s Avaya telephone systems. These components include CS1000 PBX, AACM Call Center system, Call Pilot voicemail and call recording systems. This duty will require SCI access.
- Coordinate with outside vendors such as Avaya, Lumen, Verizon, and AT&T to schedule and facilitate required services.
- Coordinate with other internal FBI service providers to schedule and facilitate required services.
- Work alongside and in coordination with the TSC’s government Telecommunications Specialist.
- Provide training to TSC personnel on the utilization of TSC’s telephone equipment.
- Issue, return, track, operate, and troubleshoot government smartphones.
- Provide training to TSC personnel on the utilization of government smartphones.
- Work with the Senior A/V Technician on projects and support requests that require both telephone and A/V support.
- Participate in departmental cross-training efforts as both instructor and trainee.
- Manage special projects as required and assist with other duties as assigned.
- Escort outside vendors that provide support coordinated by the Facilities Office.
- Perform ad-hoc duties as assigned.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Minimum five (5) years expert experience operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, and configuring Avaya VoIP telephone systems of the type and size applicable to this scope of work.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Skype and Microsoft Teams telecommunications clients.
- Expertise training end uses in the proper operation of telephones and related components.
Working Environment & Conditions
This job operates in a professional office environment and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The workload may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, do simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress.
The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require accommodation to navigate or to apply for a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at [email protected] or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodation.
Koniag Government Services (KGS) is an Alaska Native Owned corporation supporting the values and traditions of our native communities through an agile employee and corporate culture that delivers Enterprise Solutions, Professional Services and Operational Management to Federal Government Agencies. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Koniag, we apply our proven commercial solutions to a deep knowledge of Defense and Civilian missions to provide forward leaning technical, professional, and operational solutions. KGS enables successful mission outcomes for our customers through solution-oriented business partnerships and a commitment to exceptional service delivery. We ensure long-term success with a continuous improvement approach while balancing the collective interests of our customers, employees, and native communities. For more information, please visit www.koniag-gs.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. Shareholder Preference in accordance with Public Law 88-352
Location: Vienna, VA
Job date: Sat, 09 Dec 2023 01:59:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!